.13.

Sean's POV

Ha... I lost him!

(Phone ringing, he picks up the call and answers)

"Ge, I'm just outside the pavilion, came out for a breather... yeah, I'll be there."

Who is he?  why he feels quite familiar... oh man, why can't I remember... no doubt that he knows me.

Most of my memories between the ages of sixteen and twenty-two seem scrambled. May be due to the trauma or the treatments that I have undergone after that. 

Obviously, for the past eight years, I've been battling hard to forget the past. Now I'm desperate to remember them clearly. all due to this guy.

(Phone ringing, he picks up the call)

"Jie, I'll be there in a minute... tell Mom not to worry"

I think I should head back before the next call.

First, to the restroom, I need to freshen up a bit and fix my look. Now standing in front of the wall-covering mirror, I look pale.

But to think that without the help of the pill, I recovered this fast, is it because of that guy? He had the best calming effect on me. Is it his voice or smile or that angelic appearance or maybe something else, the way he gently held me as if, I was fragile?

Now my look is good, I just need to adjust my jacket. Oh, there is something inside my pocket... a crystal bottle?

A small exquisite crystal bottle with a handcrafted gold top and a purple gold tassel hanging. 

Woah, what is this? ... perfume?... this smell... sandalwood?... lavender?....
It just smells like him... whatever this fragrance is... it very comforting...umm.

Wait, a note?

" 'Ruhe' for you!"

(Phone ringing)

Hmm, it would be better not to pick it up, I should hurry back to the hall.

.

.

.

As soon as he entered the hall, Sean was pulled into a familiar hug. It was Juan,  "Oh man, I was dying out here, where were you?"

"Why are you here? you said you were not coming." Sean retorted back.

Juan sighed "Things one has to do for filial piety!"

Sean couldn't help but laugh at his friend's overly dramatic reply.

"My brother couldn't come because has to go on a diplomatic visit to Russia, so my father forced me to attend... he threatened me...man, sometimes I wonder if I'm his real son or not."

"There is no doubt about that, buddy I can bet that you are his son... else he would have chucked you out long back, a philanthropic playboy son" Sean chuckled.

Juan rubbed his jawline, "You hit the nail on the head Zhanny, shall we head out?... it's boring and tiring... my mouth is aching already because of all the fake smiling"

Nodding his head Sean swept his eyes through the entire hall, trying to find 'the angel' in vain.

Dejected, he sent a message to his family that he would be leaving early with Juan.

His brother replied, "Didi wait, I want you to meet someone".

he was reading the message, and Juan pointed "Zhanny, what's on your face?... hmm..." 

"What? Is there something on my face?..." said Sean brushing his fingers through his face.

"Yes, there is... something exciting!" Juan smirked.

"Cut it, man! what is it?" Sean elbowed him.

"it ... is.....LONGING!", Juan stated slowly but firmly.

"What?" Sean asked with an unbelievable expression.

Juan was thoroughly enjoying this, "Yes my friend, your eyes were desperately searching for someone... and by the way, who is that lucky one who swept you off your feet?..."

"Hold your horses, buddy!... I... I'll tell you later about it... and It's not what you think... so stop with that dreamy eyes look..." Sean pouted.

Their conversation was interrupted by the older duo who were watching them curiously.

"Looks like, something interesting has happened, mind if we join in?"

Sean and Juan looked at the source of the solid yet supple voice.

Henry Wang Kuan and Jay Cheng stood at a close distance from them, with curious looks.

It was Henry who asked them. they both said in unison, "Kuan ge, nice to meet you" 

"Good to see that you are back Zhan and quite surprised to see you here Juan"

"Me too, I am quite surprised to find myself here" replied Juan in his usual playful tone.

They all had a good laugh at the reply.

"Cheng ge and Kuan ge, all the very best for the new venture, wish u both good luck!" Sean said beamingly.

Jay and Henry both said "Thankyou, didi"

Henry patted Sean's shoulder and smiled, "Zhan, I'm really happy to see you in good spirits... you can rely on me anytime... I'm like your brother too."

"Thank you, ge"

"Where are you guys heading to?" asked Jay.

"We are planning to meet  Charles at the 'Baroque'" Sean replied and Juan interrupted. 

"No more night crawling... It's no fun without zhanny anyway... so Cheng ge, you do not have to worry."

"Dr. Charles?" asked Henry.

Jay answered, "They were so close before, now after a long break the crew is back together."

Henry's assistant came to look for him and he left bidding good night to both of them.

Jay said bye to them and gave a warning look to Juan, leaving to entertain certain guests.

Juan sighs in relief "Man, older brothers!, let's go Zhanny!"

As they walked out of the hall, a Message notification came from Zhan's phone.

While reading the message a beautiful smile bloomed on his face.

"'Ruhe', hope it would help. See you very soon"

*******************************

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead 2023!! 🥳🤩🎉