.10.

Castello di rosa, Italy

Leone stretched his arms after sending the documents to Bo Wen, related to Cirque. 

Since the age of sixteen, he had been a shadow member of the Golden Lion Cirque. Being the only heir, His grandfather initially wanted him to learn the business. He didn't want to reveal the identity of his grandson before the time comes.

Leone had a monstrous IQ of above 200, and he quickly took over. Now at the age of twenty-one, he handles most of his grandfather's business from the shadows. 

Aunt Clare brought him tea and some light snacks, thanking her with a gentle smile, he walked to the adjoining magnificent rose garden.

This is where he and his mom used to spend their leisurely evenings, a place filled with memories of his mother. He felt slightly warm, remembering his mother's smile, bright like the sunshine.

Warm memories brought a bit of warmth to his usual cold demeanor. His phone rang persistently, annoying him to get out of his comfort zone.

It was from Song Ji Yang. 

"What the hell you want?" he roared. Song was completely immune to Leone's temper tantrums.

"Woah! that was a bit scary little lion..., sorry were you in the garden? ... my bad." Song knew well that apart from his grandfather's arms that is the only place Leone could find his solace.

"Guess what... I have two great news...  so got excited too much... that's why" he continued.

"Spill already," Leone responded with a slightly gentle tone.

"First one,  your manuscript got the green flag as expected, and will be published by Random House. They have asked us for a convenient time to set up a con call with the publishing crew."

"Second one, Big B called... you know what, the chairman agreed... so Beijing is on..." his voice soared over the phone.

Leone knew his plan would work, he wanted to go to China with papa's consent. Then the golden opportunity manifested, and the situation was win-win, so he used it.

He got to thank Big B, the whole credit goes to him.

"Leone... little lion... Mr. Iceberg... knock knock are you there?" song's knocking woke him up from his thoughts.

"Hmm, book my tickets for Wednesday... and I'll sit with the Random house on Tuesday, 11 am.", Short and precise, as usual, he cut the call with a satisfactory smile.

.

.

.

Beijing 

Leone feeling irritated, "why are you both here?"

Song and Wen, hiding their laughs,  "We are here because of the chairman's order." 

"And any of you couldn't tell me?... and both of you following me everywhere secretly." Leone was fuming.

"You seriously want to see us dead, young master... We need to send in daily reports, you know" replied Wen.

Leone sighed.

"There is an update from that sly fox addy, saying that all the access points are successfully hacked... he'll send us the data encrypted" Song informed.

"Calling him sly fox is gonna break his heart A'Yan... that poor guy is all over you.", said Wen.

"Like I care A'Wen... Leone,  do you think Zhan ge would want to see us, I mean after he had gone through all that..." Song asked, feeling a bit unsure.

It was Wen who answered, "If he didn't care, why would he meet Dr. Charles?... I mean for the past few weeks, he had suddenly stopped his frivolous lifestyle... Just like Leone planned, after seeing the contents of the envelope, Zhan ge stopped feeling guilty about our death..." 

Leone was deep in thought all the time, he kept his eyes closed, and his mind was filled with thoughts about the man who showed him sunshine smiles, who always sat near his bedside and told him about countless things. His mouth curved up to a small smile.

His heart yearned for that warmth, waiting patiently for all these years. It's his onesided yeaning long turned into a deep love for that person.

"Leone... are you alright?" hearing this Leone stirred his eyes open. Song and Wen knew how much this person love their bunny ge.

Seeing their worried faces he said, "I'm fine guys".

"What if ... Zhan ge falls in love with someone else... " Song couldn't continue.

"I would let him go... these are my one-sided feelings after all..." leone spoke without much hesitation.

"I'm a monster" he added coldly.

"Nobody calls you that now... It was those stupid jerks..." Wen intervened.

"Because they don't want to face papa's wrath, that's all." Leone continued

"This patched-up body doesn't belong to me alone, I'm a monster re-created, using many... what right do I have to own anything..."

The two boys couldn't bear it anymore, tears welling up in their eyes threatening to fall. They wanted to hug him, but cannot. Leone doesn't like to be touched, his grandfather being an exception.

They left the room without saying anything.

"You are a beautiful fragment of my dream that I want to hold on to for the rest of my life."