Chapter Twenty Two

"Now, the man for a date is coming up in five minutes ladies, let's get bidding soon!" The auctioneer steps down the stage, and everyone goes back to normal. Aidan's hands gently travel and rests right on my thighs, I turn my head and bite onto my bottom lip.

"Stop..." I whisper. "I know what you're doing,"

His face leans closer to the nape of my neck, his lips gently kisses my neck.

"And what am I doing?"

"You're trying to get out of the dating bid." I chuckle, pushing his face away from my neck. Aidan groans and slides a hand down his face before taking a heavy sip of the scotch, "you think I don't know you."

"The bidding starts now! Men-make your way up here."

"I swear to God Charlie, you better not take the piss." He stands up and hands me his scotch, I shake the ice around with a playful smirk.

"Guess you have to trust me not too."

I watch him walk away, and he is just perfect.

A little to perfect, I wouldn't say I'm insecure-no-I taught myself to not let my insecurities put me down but the way this man is built is just perfection. His broad shoulders, and perfect torso. The bidding starts, and the names were on the board.

Aidan stood at the end of the line; his eyes trained on me.

"And Michael Forbes, come on ladies-perfect millionaire with gorgeous hair-he'll take you a date on the yacht, a perfect sunset breeze. Bidding starts at one hundred thousand."

A little idea runs through my hair, and I glance at Aidan before raising the bidding card.

"And the lady in black-can we get up to one point one anyone-yes the lady in red."

Aidan's jaw tenses and he knew that I was doing nothing but giving him a little taste, but I decided against annoying him further and I put the bidding card down.

Moments pass by until it was finally Aidan's turn, he looked so unbothered that I wouldn't even bid on him. "Now ladies, we have our hands on former billionaire footballer-Aidan De'Luca, six feet five in height and a smile that will kill! He'll take you on a date to his private Island-bidding starts at five hundred thousand."

I raise my bidding card, and so do twenty other women.

Hang on.

Who the hell do they think they are bidding on my date?

I raise my card at every word the Auctioneer said, but these women will not give up-Aidan's eyes lock with mine the moment the Auctioneer said seven million. Then the cards starting going down, and it was just between me and this other girl.

"Ten million pounds." The woman said.

She is breathtakingly beautiful as she rises from her seat, her long ginger hair almost reaching her ass. Her dark blue eyes unexpectedly connected with mine as her tight red dress tightened in all the right places.

I look over at Aidan, and he somehow seemed shocked.

Maybe at the price she was willing to pay.

And this is where it became competition.

Aidan, you better be a real billionaire because you're going to kill me.

"Going once, going twice-"

"Twelve million dollars." I adjust my dress to prevent it from rising any further as I stand up. It began from this point with his drink in my right hand and the card in my left.