Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

A few visual spark flicker through the air as the shorter man brought his two swords down on Kirishima's one— The momentum barely pushing the soldier back before he shoves the Barbarian a few feet away.

"Stay here!" He calls over his shoulder before taking a few steps forward to follow and fight the 'leader' of this ambush.

And of course, all I could do is watch as Kirishima set attack on attack against the ash blonde, using his hardening to deflect the second sword and continue his flurry of attacks.

And for a moment, it seemed the Barabarian was on defense— Until one of the cracks in Kirishima's skin dulled, the slight difference showcasing his tiredness with using his quirk.

Once the crimson soldier was able to disarm the Barbarian of one of his blades, the Barbarian wasted no time in dodging to the side and sending his fist into the side of Kirishima's head.

An audible 'boom' filled the air along with smoke— Sending Kirishima's head to the side with the impact and causing him to stumble off balance for a moment.

The sides of his now slightly hardened hair now had smoke flittering up from where he had been struck— His head craning to see the Barbarian's hand flexing with small explosions running across his palm.

"My turn." The man seethed, throwing his hand forward again and setting off an explosion— The light blowing Kirishima back a bit as he dropped his sword and resorted to throwing his arms up to block.

But I already knew how Kirishima's quirk worked and against this type of quirk— He didn't last long, soon getting kicked back and landing in front of me.

I wasted no time in crouching to the floor— Running my hand over his forehead to check on his grimacing eyes.

From across the courtroom— The ash blonde stands, now fighting off Sero and I look up just in time as he sends an explosion into the soldiers gut and threw him down.

"You need to get out of here," My attention falls back to the bleeding soldier in my arms, his pain-filled words finding their way to my ears and causing my expression to soften.

"I'm sorry I can't— I'm not—" He stutters and I shake my head "You did your best, it's okay to rest Eij." I say, trying to ease his consciousness as much as I could before standing,

The ash blonde seems to be waiting already, his adrenaline filled eyes snapping to mine as I approach and he shoves another guards from his side.

He wastes no time in fixing his grip on the hilt of his blade— My figure coming to a stop just a few feet in front of him and in the spot I knew I would meet my end in.

Near the middle of the courtroom and surrounded by fighting, he runs at me swiftly bringing his sword down—

And I'm knocked to the floor, my elbows hitting the hard ground and sending a rift of pain through my arms from the sudden impact.

My eyes snap open quickly when I realize I'm not bleeding or bleeding out— Just probably bruised from landing to harshly, the shadow of a familiar soldier now over me.

Shielding me from a blade that had smashed against his back.

Small fragments of metal fall and hit the floor below me— The metal from the sword that should've ended me "What.." Is the only thing I'm able to say.

Staring down at me, the crimson soldier's eyes are wide with adrenaline, his breathing shaky and uneven as his skin unhardens and he falls to his knee— Still crouched over me.

I'm unsure why, but staring up at the ragged soldier above me— My body, still in shock, leans forward, my lips finding his as my hands reach up and grasp the sides of his face pulling him further down.

He tenses beneath the kiss— And the shocked gasps that flicker through the courtroom wake me from my dazed state.

The fighting had seemed to cease and the shock on our original opponent seems to fall "What the hell, Kirishima?" He sneers in confusion.

And that's when I hear metal footsteps closing in— Backup guards were piling in from the door, coming to arrest the intruders like I had seen in my vision earlier..

"Kacchan! We need to go!" A voice hollers through the suddenly quiet crowd and after a moment— I see a flicker of green as the intruders suddenly retreat, jumping back through the windows they had come before any guards could capture them.

Seeing that we were now safe, Kirishima quickly moves to the side— Off of me and I scramble to my feet.

I glance up to the Kings throne while whispers fill the courtroom— We had been right in the middle.. For all to see.

"Unbelievable!" A voice calls from the furious crowd now surrounding us, the mass of the Kings court staring in disgust and now filling the air with vile shouts.

But the Kings voice seems to cut above them all as I stared upwards in fear "The rebels have fled." He states "This is not the scenario you described!" He seethes.

"This is— Not what I saw!" I stutter, blinking in disbelief. My quirk was never wrong, this truly wasn't what I— "I don't know what happened I—"

"No," Kirishima grunted from my side— Forcing himself up to stand slightly in front of my shaking figure "It was me!" He defends, voice much louder now.

"Clearly, I warned you of this." The older man states, turning his attention to me for a moment before focusing back on the soldier in front of my figure "You aided the rebels in escaping." He accuses.

"And now how dare you put your filthy low-life hands on a member of my court." He speaks, and my eyes widen "Rip out his tongue and execute him!"

The horrid sounds of metal clamping our way filled my ears and my hand found it way to Eijiro's, my jaw gritting as I blinked and yanked the red-head back.

"What—!" He sputters as I jump— Sending my foot into one of the closest guards chests and shoving him out of our way as I bolted to the now opened double doors.

"What are you doing??!" The crimson soldier questioned as I dragged him off, leaving the courtroom with a flurry of guards on our tails.

I didn't know where to go— I just knew that if I took a turn here, and another turn, I had ran all the way back to my room, throwing the door open and slamming it shut once Kirishima stumbled in after.

I had let go of his hand to swiftly lock the door— The mass of guards now banging on the wood as I stepped back, eyes wide with adrenaline when I turned back to Eijiro.

His eyes were wide as well, shock across his features as we stared at each other and the sounds of shouting guards filled in the tense air.