The Shield Hero and The Raccoon Girl

TIMESKIP 3 days later

Flying and training. That’s what I’ve been doing these last few days, but I finally arrived to Melromarc. Luckily, my new appearance has made me able to camouflage in the dark of the night, so I make my way down and land in a roof. Alright, now to find the Shield Hero, 3 days have passed, and that is more than enough time for Aultcray to do something to him. I was walking on the roof when I heard someone yell, I ran as fast as I could, and when I arrived I saw 3 guys in front of someone who was wearing a green cape. And before I do something, the caped man takes out a balloon and shoves it in one of the crooks’ arm, making the balloon bite it and shoves him away. Another one was about to stab him, but he blocks it with a shield and it emits a blue pulse, making fall back, the crooks get up and started running. I jump down and when I landed he noticed my presence. Taking a good look at him, I see that he is young, almost like me, physical speaking of course. The guy gets in a fighting pose with his shield raised, then I notice the green gem at the center… wait, so that means, could he be…?

???: Listen pal, I’ve had a rough couple of days lately, and all because this stupid shield, so if you want to live then buzz off!

Guess that answers that… aaand what the queen said before I left. Damn you, Aultcray. I raise my hands to tell him I won’t fight him, then I take out my notebook and pen, and write down that I’m here to help. I show it to him and reads it but he just looks at me confused

Shield Hero: (Sigh) I don’t understand what this means

Right, he’s been here for 3 days, not exactly enough time to learn a language. Guess that leaves me with the other choice. I take my right glove off and show him my symbol, he looks at it and then I extend my hand for him to take it. I wait there but I only get a glare from him

Shield Hero: How stupid do think I am? Do really expect me to trust you, just like that?

I nod in understanding, he does make a good point, I mean I gave Queen Mirelia, Princess Melty, Dr. Reed and 5 shadows the sygil, and I only gave it to them because they’re the only ones I fully trust. I look down and take a deep breath, because he’ll probably hate me for doing this. I take his hand and despite his protests, I won’t let him go, and started thinking of the spell

‘As source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and grant me access to speak without my lips. Mental Link!’

I let go, and he checks his hand, finding the same symbol I have.

Shield Hero: What did you do to me?
Hinotori: ‘I gave you access to my Mental Link’
Shield Hero: Your what?
Hinotori: ‘My Mental Link, it’s a spell that I use to communicate with others, even so, I only gave it to those I fully trust’
Shield Hero: Really now? Then why give it to me?
Hinotori: ‘Because the situation demands it, you don’t understand the language of this world and I lost my voice some time ago’
Shield Hero: What? How?
Hinotori: ‘The answer is the same reason you are here’
Shield Hero: …The Waves
Hinotori: ‘That’s right. Now I will join your party and we’ll train to get stronger for the next wave’
Shield Hero: No
Hinotori: ‘Huh?’
Shield Hero: I said no, this world has wronged me, accused me of something I didn’t do, they took everything from me, and I didn’t do anything to deserve it, for all I care they can die, and I will gladly watch how they lose it!

Next thing he knows, he gets punched in the face, he looks at me furiously, but before he does anything, I grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and push him to wall

Hinotori: ‘You think you’re the only one who has lost everything? Well guess what, you are not, some of us had worse fate than you, and believe me, I’ve seen it. Now, the King and the others that accused you might deserve death, but there are others willing to do what’s necessary for the greater good’
Shield Hero: How can you be so sure about that?
Hinotori: ‘Because I wouldn’t be alive if that was a lie, when I lost my lost my voice, my life was about to be taken as well, but for better and worse, I was saved, only to see the man that saved me get himself killed so I could survive, some time later I found out that he believed in the 4 Cardinal Heroes, he died believing that the heroes would come and give us a chance to live, and I won’t let you tarnish his vision’
Shield Hero: … (Sigh) Okay, alright, I will fight the waves, but I won’t take crap from the kingdom
Hinotori: ‘Well, that makes two of us’
Shield Hero: What?
Hinotori: ‘Hehe, you’re not the only one who has a problem with Melromarc, especially when you along with the other heroes, got summoned here’
Shield Hero: What do you mean?
Hinotori: ‘Okay, I think you deserve an explanation, but this will take a while, and I’m thirsty, so do you mind if I explain it to you while I have a drink?’
Shield Hero: I honestly don’t care
Hinotori: ‘I’ll take that as a yes, come along missteerrrrrr…… I just realized we haven’t introduced ourselves, what should I call you?’
Shield Hero: (Sigh) Naofumi Iwatani, you?
Hinotori: ‘…Daggers. Reed Daggers’
Naofumi: Okay then... By the way, of all the heroes you could join, why me?
Hinotori: 'Because the Shield Hero has the best reputation amongst Demi-humans'
Naofumi: Demi what?
Hinotori: 'Demi-humans. People with animal characteristics'