Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT

Start from the beginning

"I've known for a long time she didn't just operate on the currents- she was in sync with them." Argent said before turning to the door and dropping his gun. The teens watched as Jennifer walked into the vault and smirked, "No this is a sacrifice!" She said and everything happened too quickly before she and Argent disappeared.

A moment later Nabina helped Isaac up and he broke the chain to the handcuffs making Allison grab Nabina's arms as she stumbled forward slightly. "Why did they do that?" Allison asked in a slight whisper and Nabina sighed softly, "I don't know... but we need to go. Okay? We need help." Nabina said but Allison didn't move or say anything.

"Hey. Allison, we have to go." Nabina said and Allison looked up at her with glossy eyes. "They're all gonna die... aren't they?" She asked and Nabina stared at her for a moment before sighing and pulling her into a hug as she glanced at Isaac.

Underneath the examining room light, Deaton meets with Allison, Stiles, Lydia, Nabina and Isaac. "It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die." Stiles explained and Nabina nodded.

"I've heard of it. It's what made my grandma not like the idea of my mom and I moving here." Nabina said and Allison nodded slightly. "My dad and Gerard were there, once. But Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was... And, my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now." Allison said and Stiles sighed and nodded softly, "Yeah, mine either."

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked and Deaton stepped away, thinking. They each notice his hesitancy, "Doc?" Nabina asked and Deaton turned to look at her. "There might be a way. I know you read it in the book your grandma gave you." He said and she furrowed her brows slightly before realization crossed over her features.

"If you're talking about what I think you're talking about then that's dangerous." Nabina said and Deaton sighed and nodded, "It might be the only way. We're gonna need Scott."

Isaac, Nabina, Lydia and Deaton poured bags of ice into three tubs of water that sat in the examination room. Scott, Allison and Stiles all stood or paced around until Deaton turned to them. "All right. What did you bring?" He asked, making them glance at each other before Stiles held up his father's badge.

"Um, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a little bit. Still doesn't look right." He said and Deaton nodded slightly, "It doesn't have to look good if it has meaning." He said. Stiles glanced down at the badge while Isaac raised his eyebrows, looking at the silver bullet in Allison's hand.

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" He asked and Allison nodded, "My dad made it. It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a Hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the Code." She said, looking at the bullet with a small smile.

"Scott?" Deaton asked, making Scott glance up before looking down at a watch, "My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked." Scott said and Deaton nodded.

"Okay. The three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you under until you're essentially... well, dead. But, it's not just someone to hold you under- it needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone with a strong connection to you. A kind of emotional tether." Deaton explained. Lydia and Allison looked at each other and Lydia started to walk over to her but Deaton spoke up.

"Lydia... You go with Stiles." Deaton said, making them all look at him shocked, "Are you sure? I mean, Scott and I both have to go under." Allison said and Deaton nodded. "Nabina." He said, making Nabina hum slightly and look at him, "You go with Allison." He said, making Nabina and Allison glance at each other.

"Well that was unexpected." She said and Isaac furrowed his brows slightly, "Wait- wouldn't that trigger her magic like it did with me?" He asked and Nabina shrugged slightly. "That might be a good thing. One more person to know where the Nemeton is." She said and Allison looked at Deaton, "Is it safe for her?" She asked.

"It should be. She's not sacrificing herself, it's more like seeing things through your eyes." He said and Nabina nodded slightly, "Sounds good to me." She said. She looked over at Isaac, who looked at her worriedly and she just smiled softly and gently squeezed his hand.

Allison, Stiles and Scott all stepped up to the tubs with Nabina, Lydia and Deaton standing behind them. One by one, the three stepped into the tubs, letting out deep breaths as the ice cold water touched their skin. They slowly sunk down, shaking and breathing heavily as the cold water got up to their chests.

"By the way, if I don't make it back and you do, you should probably know something..." Stiles said, glancing over at Scott, making Scott look at him. "Your dad's in town." Stiles said, making Scott's eyes widen.

Nabina, Lydia and Deaton stepped up, grabbing the three by their shoulders as they glanced at each other and Scott nodded slightly. They took a deep breath before getting pushed under the water, not even trying to fight back.

Nabina, Lydia and Deaton glanced at each other for a moment before the whites of Nabina's eyes went gray and the irises glowed purple. Faded dark purple veins formed under her eyes and up her arms and everything went black.