"What do you think you were doing?" Dad's tone was one of worry, while Mom looked like she was about to laugh. "I'm fine, dad; it wasn't a big deal." Amira said as she pushed Dad's arms away.

That is when mom snapped into 'mom mode.' Is what Noah and I call it. It usually happens when one of us is in big trouble or is mean to dad.

"No, Amira, don't walk away." Mom snapped. Lately, Mom and Amira haven't been getting along. But I think it's because Amira is getting older.

"Why were you brought home by a police officer?" Mom crossed her arms over her chest, waiting for an answer.

Flashback ended

Amira ended up getting grounded for trying to spray paint the side of a train or something.

"I didn't do anything." Amira said, her honey-colored eyes widening just a bit. I crossed my arms and gave her a knowing look.

"You're such a bad liar." I pointed it out. Amira ran her hand through her short black hair and let out a deep sigh.

"Come on, bug... Don't ask questions." I scoffed, throwing my hand up. As I'm about to argue with her, I hear a scream come from down the hallway.

"Mira!" Matthias' voice echoed off the wall. Quickly, Matthias body slams into our older sister, almost causing her to fall, but luckily she was leaning on the doorframe.

"Hey bubbly." She ruffles Matthias light brown hair with her free hand. "I can't believe it!" He shouted into her side.

Matthias was always closer to me and Amira than he was to Noah. That is because Noah can be a dick, especially if he's not in the mood, which seems to be all the time.

"Where's are mom and dad?" I hear Amira asking. Matthias pulls away abruptly. "Oh crap. I was supposed to tell Ella to come get groceries." Both me and Mira burst out into laughter at my brother's expression.

"God, you really do look like Dad with those glasses." Amira says it with a smile. He really does, especially with the glasses.

All of us walked downstairs. I'm quickly shoving Amira into the guest bedroom when I see Mom coming into the house holding a bunch of bags.

"Finally, it took you long enough." Mom said, placing the bag on the counter. Mom turns to Matthias and says.

"I thought you weren't able to wake the beast." Mom jokes. Her black hair was pulled into a bun at the top. She was wearing a dark-colored T-shirt and baggy pants, which tells me she just got off work.

"How was work?" I ask when she hands me the milk to put in the fridge. Mom shrugs and hands me a carton of eggs.

"It was good once your dad came by to eat lunch with me." She lets out a slight sigh. "A group of teenagers keep crashing some of the go-karts. Two of them are fu—" Mom stops when she sees Dad walk in.

"Two of them are screwed. So I'm probably going to have to work this weekend." She grumbles. I hate that she works so hard.

Dad has a really good job, so I don't understand why she can't just take a break. Like dad owns mom's business, and he owns his own company.

"You really need a break, mom." I watch mom's eyes widen at the sound of Amira's voice. "What did you do?" Is the first thing to come out of mom's mouth.

"Why does everyone think I did something wrong?" Amira jokingly whines as Mom pulls her into her embrace. "Because you're my kid."

I hear dad laugh at what mom said before pulling his oldest child into his arms. "Your mom brings so much trouble into my life." Dad jokes.