Bryan + Dad Molten 💥

(A/n father figure Molten Freddy oh how we love
Desc of request: Everyone finds out Gregory is rebuilt into an animatronic. Bryan has a mental breakdown and Molten is there to help him out. Others believe it's freaky and even an Afton move.)

TW/CW: ^^

Words: 1.1k

Bryan POV:

I was just typing away at the keys to my laptop. It was a pretty boring day; but it definitely was productive and got my headspace somewhere calmer.

It was mostly financial stuff that needed my attention. I wasn't the one doing that beforehand. I used to of course! I'll just have to get used to flying solo again. It really shouldn't be a problem.

"Bryan!" A voice shouted frantically for me.

I got up quickly to open the enclosed space door to hear better. Also talking through glass just sounded so weird.

"Steve? Guys? What is all the commotion about?!" I felt it in my gut something was wrong.

"Gregory," Glamrock Freddy started explaining, "when were you going to tell us?"

"Actually, were you ever planning to?" Lolbit chimed in, they didn't seem so happy.

"What..?" I wasn't following.

"Bryan...we know that Gregory is an animatronic." Roxanne finally ripped the bandaid off.

I felt my eyes widen. I was shocked. I wasn't prepared for this talk at all. How did they even figure that out? What were they all thinking right now? Gosh my head feels like it is spinning.

"Why would you do something like that?" Steve cried out to me.

"I do not need this to be the next Afton revival situation." The orange fox huffed.

I felt like I just shut down. I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I felt my body heat and tense up. Gosh it's too much. I stopped trying to speak. I shook my head at the ground. The darn dirty floor.

"Get out of here. Now!" A familiar sounding voice ordered.

I felt like my legs were going to give out. I felt sweat drip down my temple. I felt so vulnerable and small there. It felt like everything just came crashing down onto me. I was breaking down and I couldn't pretend everything was alright anymore.

"Bryan? Bryan get up." Someone crouched in front of me.

I was sitting down? I didn't even remember doing that. I didn't want to cry. Why on Earth did I want to cry so badly? The whole world seem to be so blurrly. I felt my eyes water. I knew after all of this my cheeks would be tear-stained.

"I need you to steady your breathing." They tried guiding me.

I tried and tried to. Sometimes my breaths would be interrupted by my crying. I had to put breathing as my main focus right now.

I hugged my legs up against my chest. I was back to being that frustrated kid who just wanted to have a normal childhood. A stress-free one. All I ever got was education and meaningless praise.

"You're going to be fine." That scratchy voice finally made me connect dots.

"Molten?" I looked directly into his eyes.

"Hey, idiot, what is this solving?" The robot bear inquired.

"I'm just stressed out." I mumbled an excuse.

"I hope you know I know what everyone discovered." He was pretty blunt about it...

My face wrinkled into confusion, "but you-"

"I'm just approaching this situation in a better manner." He broke the eye contact that I somehow forgot about.

"Thank you." I sighed.

"It's whatever." He whipped off the tears I still held.

"I'm just- scared?" I was completely unsure of my own emotions.

"Well, I'll be here to make sure you aren't so scared." The bear exclaimed.

He finally stood tall. He simply crossed his arms. Was he waiting for me to get off the disgusting floor? Maybe.

I stood up on shaky legs. I didn't realize how bad I was still shaking. My heart wasn't pounding as fast. Though I feel like I just received a head ache as some sort of punishment for this. I was finally able to keep still.

"Everything will be ok." I tried to assure myself.

"Do you usually do this? Say that and give yourself pep talks to keep you going?" The answer was known to him.

"You already know that." I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"I'm trying to make small talk." The wired explained to me.

I'm sure my brown eyes screamed the sense of being lost. Molten doesn't usually act so...kind? Considerate? At least not towards me. He was always a bit hostile and was always annoyed at me for being reckless and so much more.

"Why try to do that?" I finally decided to question his objective.

"To make sure you don't loose it." He chose the brutally honest way today.

"Loose it? I'm not loosing it." I snapped back.

"I'm sure that is what someone with a bad headspace would say." He retorted.

"It's not! I'm just fine." I clenched my fist.

"Cool it. You're being irrational." Molten warned.

I should listen. I was so aware of how listening to The Molten Freddy should be done. I wasn't thinking straight at all. I was truly boiling over. So much waves of emotions in less than half an hour.

"I'm not being irrational about anything Molten I'm not a kid anymore I-" I was rambling on a defense before Molten just embraced me with a hug.

I stood there in silence. Was this a joke? Molten doesn't make jokes with him though. Perhaps this was some sort of way to get me to calm down. Hug me and help my façade to rebuild.

"I seriously would say go to therapy, but that never helps you." He spoke up.

"Maybe trying something different would be better." I suggested.

"Aw, don't want a second Linda?" He laughed.

"No thanks." I scoffed at the idea.

He sighed, "maybe we just need to get some people to do some things for you."

"Why that?" I finally wrapped my arms around him.

"Because stress is one of the major reasons for your breakdowns." The bear reminded.

"Of course, of course." I replied straight away.

He pulled away from the hug and though to himself. If only there was a way to see what that bear was thinking. So many things went through his head. Wheels might not be turning in that motherboard of his, but circuitry definitely is!

"Call me if you need something. I don't got anything better to do anyways." The bear hurried on out.

I smiled.

Maybe Molten was finally warming up to me.

This spectacular idea of mine was one to hope for.

(A/n wrote this in like one when hour. Idk where my motivation came from but take it. <333 hope 2023 is going swell for y'all. I'll be shocked if this doesn't get heavily edited tmr just bc of how late it is rn
The BBH banner is legit me rn LOL)