Planning for Seattle

Start from the beginning

"Bye care." He says and quickly kisses me.

He walks off in a different direction so does Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie.

Mike, Alice and I walk towards the french class.

"After school go home and pack an overnight bag I have a lot of shopping to do. So we could stay in a hotel." Mike says.

"Did you already book a hotel." I ask him.

"No." he says.

"Ok let me handle that." I say.

"Ok can you get one with a pool?" Mike asks.

"I'll try to." I say.

"Thanks Care." Mike says then walks off in a different direction.

It's jut me and Alice now.

"How do you feel about spending the night in a hotel with no adults?" Alice asks.

"I'm a little nervous. Do you know if they will let minors book a hotel room?" I ask her.

"You have to be 18 but you have magic I'm sure you can think of something." Alice says and we sit down at our table together.

The class starts and 20 minutes in I decide I should call Charlie to ask him. I raise my hand.

"Caroline." The teacher calls on me.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask.

"En français?/ in French?" The teacher asks.

"Es ce que je peux aller au salle de bain? /Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask again.

"Oui./yes." The teacher says. I stand up and I leave.

I get into the hallway and I reach into my pocket and I pull out my phone. I press on Charlie's name.

I bring the phone up to my ear. He answers.

"Caroline is everything ok?" He asks he sounds a little worried.

"Everything is fine. I was wondering if I could go to Seattle tonight with Mike. His mom gave us the night off and we want to finish up Christmas shopping." I ask him.

"Yeah of course. When do you think you'll be back?" He asks.

"That's the thing. We were planning on staying overnight in a hotel. Mike has a lot of shopping to do and by the time we get there tonight and do the shopping he would be driving back really late at night. He feels more comfortable driving in daylight. So is that alright?" I ask.

"Yeah sure. I feel more comfortable knowing you won't be on a highway when it's dark out if you guys don't feel comfortable. So you'll be back tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Are you guys staying in the same hotel room?" He asks.

"That was the plan. It would be cheaper. They'll be 2 beds." I say.

"Ok. I know you have a boyfriend and I know Mike is one of your best friends. I trust you to be responsible. Also I was thinking you could invite him over for our Christmas lunch if you wanted." Charlie says.

"Yeah I'll ask him tonight. Thanks again Charlie." I say.

"Bye kiddo have fun." He says.

"Bye Charlie." I say then I hang up the phone.

I send Mike a quick text.

Caroline- Charlie said yes to tonight. I can't wait!

Mike- Awesome. We're splitting the cost for the hotel.