"Aiden are you alright?" I jump out of the cart and put my hand to his back. What's happening?

He looks up at me and there's pain in his eyes, physical pain? I'm not sure. "Y-yeah I'm good just think I ran to fast." He chokes out and tries to give me a smile. He's lying. I can see it on his face.
My brows furrow in confusion as to why he'd lie, he clearly doesn't want to tell me so I let it go and suggest he gets in the cart. He didn't argue and gets in.

I push him through the parking lot and we're laughing like crazy people. This is the most fun iv had in years. And for a moment I realize I wasn't thinking about my parents or Elliot. It was just me and Aiden.

As it starts to get later I suggest we call it a night and go home.

"No, how about we go get something to eat at the cafe? Or anywhere you want" Aiden breaths out getting out of the cart. He looks so sad, like he doesn't want to go back home yet. To be fair neither do I so I agree. We end up going to the cafe to get some food.

"Are you still in school?" Aiden asks me.
"I was but after sophomore year I dropped out. It was hard without my parents." I explain. I haven't told him much about my parents, just that they passed when I was 15. "Are you in school?" I tilted my head to the side a little to show him I was interested.
"Um no my parents pulled me out about 2 years ago after my-" he cuts himself off, he looks down and starts to fiddle with his jacket sleeves. He looks like he's in thought about what to say next.

"If you don't want to tell me why you don't have to Aiden, it's okay" I assure him but he speaks up anyway.
"I lost my sister when I was 17. After she died my grades started dropping and my parents pulled me out of school, they said is was useless because I would never be anything in life." His voice shakes at the end and it breaks my heart.

I stand up and walk over to him I pull his face up to look at me and see he's trying to hold back tears. He wraps his arms around my waist a pushes his face into my stomach, I wince trying to hold back the spark of pain it sent through my body and just hold him. I feel like I'm doing Elliot wrong but this feels so right. Holding him while he's vulnerable. Our moments interrupted when my phone starts ringing. I pull back and look who's calling me.

Elliot. I answer it

"Hey what's up" I try to sound like I'm tired so he doesn't suspect anything.
"Where the fuck are you at Mia" he spits through the phone.
"I'm at home in bed" i lie to him and look over at Aiden who's giving me a confused look.
"Don't lie to me, I went by your house and your not there, so where the fuck are you at 2 am?" He demands an answer. What do I do? If I lie more the more trouble I'm in. Fuck. What do I do.
"Okay I'm at the cafe, I worked a late shift and was just about to head home" I lie again, well sort of a lie.
"You're gonna see what happens when you lie to me Mia. I'll be there to get you soon" before I can say another word he hangs up.

Panic, full fledged panic fills my chest. He's coming here, and I'm here with Aiden. Aiden notices my tense panicked form and stands up. "Mia what's going on are you okay" he gently touches my cheek and I flinch away, not because I thought he'd hit me but because if he touches me I'll lose focus and my focus is getting him to leave. I knew I shouldn't have come out with him.

"Aiden you need to go" I beg him. He needs to leave.
"What? How are you going to get home, I brought you here." He's confused, which is not what I need right now. If I tell him Elliot's coming he'll stay, he doesn't like him and he won't want me to be alone with him if he had the option to be here.
"Aiden please, I'll walk home or call a taxi, just please leave." I'm desperate now, begging him to leave. He can see I'm panicking but he doesn't seem to care enough to leave.
"Mia what the fuck? Tell me what's going on." He demands. I can't do this, I have to make him want to walk away. I have to do something.

"I don't want to hangout with you anymore Aiden" I try not to sound hurt by my words even though my chest is starting to ache from the look on his face. He looks so hurt, like I just ripped his heart out.

"What? Did I do something? Did I make you uncomfortable?" He's trying to get an answer out of me, we don't have time for this, Elliot will be here any minute. I need him to go now.

"I just don't want to be your friend, so please leave and don't contact me again." I say sternly hoping he'll let it go and walk away. He looks between both of my eyes before letting out a scoff and nodding his head.
"Fine, enjoy your life" he mumbles as he walks away.
Fuck. I hate Elliot so much, all he does is control my life.

As soon as Aiden drives off Elliot pulls up outside the cafe. I slowly get in the car expecting a beating but all he does is give me a disgusted look and drives off. When we pull onto my rode Elliot says something.
"You know I love you right?" Does he? I know I can't ask him if he's serious because then he'll just hit me so I just sit there. He grabs ahold of my jaw when I don't answer him making me whimper in pain at the grip he has on it and screams in my face "Answer me when I speak to you whore" he demands.
"Y-yes I know" I sniffle and he pushes my head away from him.

It's quite the rest of they way besides when he calls me a dirty name under his breath. Once we pull up to my house he tells me he has more important things to do then stay with me so he's leaving. Not that I'm complaining, I'm relieved he's not staying.

After I shower and I'm laying in bed my mind keeps going back to Aiden, the look on his face when I told him I didn't want to see him again is all I can see. I wish I could just explain everything to him. So he knows I want to be his friend I just can't.

I think about texting him but I know that would make things more complicated, he probably doesn't even want to speak to me anyways. I'm such a worthless person. All i do is cause people pain, I'm just another thing to worry about.

As I'm finally dozing off my phone pings. I know who it is, I can't reply back. I shouldn't even look at it but I can't help myself.

Aiden: Mia please tell what I did. I'm sorry if I offended you somehow. Please talk to me.

Fuck.

----------
🤍🤍

Okayyyy okayyyyy!!
What are your thoughts??
Screw Elliot, he'll get what's coming to him soon 🫢
What do we think of Aiden and Mia's relationship so far?

A vote is appreciated🤍

Leave any thoughts or suggestions in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed reading📚