13

JUNGKOOK's P.O.V

"Hey Lis! Wake up, we are at my house." I softly tapped on her cheek.

"Let me sleep, please." She snuggled into my chest.

I chuckled and shook my head. I lifted her in bridal style and took her to the guest room. I slowly placed her on the bed. I took her sandals off, and her earrings.

I sat beside her on the bed gazing at her. She is such an amazing woman. She is so brave, kind, smart, hardworking, and beautiful. I caressed her face. I noticed she was sobbing. She was murmuring something in her sleep.

"Lisa?" I tried to wake her up.

"Lis!" I said softly.

"Why-why did he do this t-to me Jungkook? Why did he cheat on me?" She said this in her sleep.

Ohh so this is about her ex-boyfriend!

"He didn't even give me any closure. My best friend too. How could she do this to me? Am I not good enough?" She opened her eyes and looked at me. I knew she was a little less drunk than before.

Am I not good enough?

"Lis!!! Hey please don't cry because of that asshole. You are such a wonderful woman. You are so beautiful, smart, hardworking, and kind. I know that. Don't cry over that asshole and your bitch friend. They don't deserve you at all." I stroked her cheeks.

"You think so?" She mumbled.

"Of course I do. And you know what else I think?"

"What?"

"You deserve the world." I smiled.

And I am going to give you that."Thank you." I know she was
referring to the earlier part.

"Good night! You need to rest." I took one last glance at her and was about to leave when Lisa grabbed my wrist.

"Please stay." She whispered.

As much as I liked the fact she said to stay, I knew she might not like it when she wakes up tomorrow sober.

I just thought I will stay till she sleeps. Once she is asleep I will go to my room.

"Okay." I gave her a small smile.

I laid down beside her. She kept her head on my left arm. I wrapped my hands around her body.

I wanted her to feel good about herself. I didn't have the slightest idea that my assistant who always sass around, and doesn't take any bullshit about her, can be so vulnerable due to that asshole.

..................

                    LISA'S P.O.V

Ouch!! Ouch ouch!!! My head hurts so much. I gradually open my eyes to find myself in completely different surroundings. This... this is not my room. Oh my god, where the hell am I? I look at my side. Oh, my mother!!! Jungkook is sleeping beside me with his hands wrapped all over my body.

What happened last night? I check my clothes. They are still from last night. I don't feel any pain down there, so mostly no sex.

"So would you have liked it if we have had sex?"

Wait a second who is speaking with such a deep husky voice? Of course none other than Jeon Jungkook.

"Why do you always scare me like this? Can't you say a simple hello hi first?" I rubbed my temples.

"Snappy in the morning! I don't blame you. You must have a massive hangover." He got up and sat next to me.

"We didn't do anything last night, right?"

I asked him softly.

"No nothing. I think you should by now know I wouldn't take any advantage of you." He rather spoke a little hurt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that I can't remember a thing from last night."

"Nothing happened. I saw you at the club. You were completely wasted. Your friends were dancing so I told them I will drop you off. When we reached your home, you told me you forgot your keys in the coat which is in the club. So I took you with me to my home which is this." He said all in one breath.

"Oh. And after reaching here, I hope I didn't give you any trouble."

"Well, you spoke your heart out. That's not at all any trouble." He shrugged.

Spoke my heart out?

"What? What did I say to you? Gosh, this better be not some embarrassing stuff!" I palmed my face.

"You-you spoke about your ex-boyfriend and best friend. You......."

"Oh my gosh, wait." I widened my eyes as I remembered everything I said. Not good enough. Closure. You deserve the world, said Jungkook.

"I'm so so very sorry. You had to hear it all out. I didn't mean to. You are my boss, for god's sake. Please just ignore and forget everything I said."

"Hey hey, don't do this. Yes, I'm your boss, but you should not regret expressing your emotions. It's completely alright to do that."

"Thank you a lot Jungkook. I-I appreciate it." I smiled genuinely at him.

"Alrighty, now enough of talking without brushing our teeth. You get to freshen up, I told Mason to pick a couple of work outfits. He will be here any minute. After that, will have breakfast and head to the office, only if you are hangover free?"

"Jungkook, you didn't need to do that. I could have gone home. And of course, I am coming to the office today."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course today is your big presentation of yours. The Italian client which we were waiting for so long is coming. And if I stay home, who will handle your beast mode in the office?" Saying I got up.

"Ahaa, the beast mode! Am I really in beast mode in the office?" He said coming close to me.

"You bet. Lisa brings  the photocopy of this document, two lattes please, call the sales executive right away, book a reservation in Four Seasons, tell Mason to pick my suit, blah blah blah..........." I mocked him, and I didn't know when he got so close to me.

Our noses were touching, he held my hand. With another hand, he tucked my hair behind my ear. My heart was beating so fast. I bet he could hear it. I looked into his eyes to find his eyes already gazing at me. I parted my lips to speak something but couldn't.

"I think I can show you my beast mode somewhere here." He said in a husky voice, he softly rubbed his finger on my bottom lip. Holy Moly!

"I-I... Jungkook, i-its........" I was not able to utter a word. He had that effect on me.

To further embarrassment, two voices erupted from downstairs I guess.

"Is anybody home?"

"Holy crap!!" Jungkook mumbled and looked away.

I looked at him with confusion.

"They are my siblings. I'm sorry." He said and left me to go downstairs.

And very weirdly, I missed his warmth the second he left me.

You are surely acting super weird!

            ******************
See you,
A.