Ten

"Are we going out? Let me just change my jumper." Zayn said as Harry and Louis walked past the living room where the boys were watching Survivor.

They stopped in their track. Harry blushed.
"We're actually going out on a date, Z. Harry and I." Louis said.

"Oh, so no more sneaking in and out of each other's bedrooms thinking that we haven't noticed? Great! Have fun!" Liam commented teasingly.

Louis flipped them off with a smile and took Harry's hand and walked out of the apartment.
"So much for trying to be discreet." He said, sounding amused.

"Yeah, are okay with them knowing?" Harry asked, sounding unsure.

Louis stopped and turned so they were facing each other.
"Of course, baby." He said softly and rubbed Harry's arms up and down.

Harry smiled and stole a kiss before they continued walking out of the building. They had decided on the little Italian place two blocks from their building and took a walk there. Louis took Harry's hand and entwined their fingers.
"What do say about postponing our contract? I don't want marriage and kids to get in the way of us dating. I mean, this, us, it's still early on, but I have a good feeling about it." Louis said.

Harry laughed.
"Yeah, remove the pressure."

"That contract is over the top but without it I'm not sure we would be where we are now." Louis smiled.

"True." Harry beamed.

Suddenly Louis stopped in his track. He looked worried.
"I have a confession to make and I'm scared, but you deserve to know."

"Now you're scaring me! What is it?" Harry asked, eyeing Louis in concern.

Louis sighed. He gestured for them to take a seat on a bench. He hesitated but when he saw how worried Harry looked he took a deep breath.
"Please, don't hate me, I know how fucked up and awful this is, trust me. Guilt has been eating at me. So, ehm, I kind of destroyed some of your dates. I'm so sorry."

"Destroyed how?" Harry wondered.

"Uhm, oh fuck, I've been resourceful. I told one guy that you're into clownporn." Louis stuttered. He looked so ashamed.

Harry just stared at him and then he burst out laughing.
"Clownporn? Jesus Christ, Louis! Well, that's better than the ones I came up with."

Louis blinked twice.
"What do you mean?"

"I've destroyed your dates too. I'm sorry." Harry admitted. He bit his lower lip, anxious about Louis' reaction.

"You did? That's fucking awesome!" Louis grinned.

"You think?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah, now I don't have to feel half as bad. So which was your worst one?"Louis asked.

"Ehm, that guy from my gym? Like, the one you made out with? I got undressed while you went to the bathroom, flashed him, and told him you were cheating on me." Harry admitted with a shaky voice.

Louis threw a hand over his mouth to muffle a loud cackle.
"That's priceless."

"I'm glad you think so." Harry smirked.

"So no hard feelings? I was so anxious about telling you. I was sure you would dump me, you know? I'm not proud of it, I hope you understand that?" Louis said.

"Oh, me neither. I totally understand." Harry assured him.

"Alright, let's get dinner. At least we have an interesting topic to discuss now." Louis smiled and got up.

Harry stood up as well and took Louis' hand. They headed to the restaurant and got a table.

A year later on Harry's birthday

"Good morning, love. Happy birthday."

Harry opened his eyes and smiled at his boyfriend.
"Thank you."

Louis hugged him closer.
"I love you."

"I love you too." Harry said.

"How does it feel to turn 31?" Louis asked.

"Great!" Harry pouted.

Louis giggled.
"Do you want your present now?"

"Absolutely." Harry grinned.

"Alright." Louis said and reached for something on the nightstand and handed it over.

Harry looked at it. It was an envelope. He sat up and opened it. Inside was a wrinkly paper. He furrowed his eyebrows and took it out. It was the contract they had signed at the pub that night when everything started. He chuckled and turned around to look at Louis just to find him sitting up with a ring box in his hand. Harry gasped in surprise. Louis cleared his voice.
"This past year has been the best in my life. I'm so in love with you, baby. We are a great team. You are so amazing and you make me so happy. So I want to ask you a question." Louis said, sounding a little nervous.

He opened the box and revealed a ring.
"Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Harry immediately responded and crashed into Louis to kiss him.

When they needed to come up for air Louis put the ring on Harry's finger. There was a second ring in the box so Harry picked it up and put it on Louis' finger.
"I guess we're engaged now." Louis smiled.

"Yeah." Harry grinned and examined his ring.

"I wasn't sure how to propose. Did you want the whole shebang?" Louis asked.

"This is perfect, Lou. I'm glad you held on to that contract." Harry smiled.

"Well, it's important." Louis said.

"I think we should frame it." Harry grinned.

He laid on Louis' chest again.
"We should get our own place after we get married."

"A house?" Louis wondered.

"If you want to?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah, I want it all, with you. The whole package." Louis answered.

Marriage. Babies. Harry smiled happily. The life he had always wanted was just around the corner and he was so lucky that he had Louis by his side to share everything with. They wouldn't rush but they wouldn't wait too long either.

It was funny how the universe worked. He had faith in the future.

The End