A Tooniverse Christmas: Meeting the Parents

Start from the beginning

Gwen: Well well well, look who finally showed up.

Kevin: Heh, almost thought you'd  be too busy with Hero League business to give us a visit.

Ben: (gives Gwen a hug and Kevin a fistbump) Well it's  like I'm  gonna miss out on the annual Tennyson  Sumo Slammer competition. Besides I have someone you guys should meet.

He slowly back away to to let his girlfriend come into view, but from their expressions alone, he thinks they already knew.

Gwen: Carmen Sandiego. It's kind of a surprise to see you here of all places.

Carmen: (surprised) Wait, you guys already know who I am?

Kevin: (smirks)Let's just say that the Plumbers have been keeping a close eye on some of you capers. Especially  some of the one's  involving Ben.

Carmen: Oh. Well do you guys also know....

Kevin: That you're  dating? Heh, kinda obvious when you two came in here together.

Kevin: (laughs) Honestly dude, I'm shocked that you got another girl to fall for you considering  your history with women!

Ben: (playfully jabs Kevin's arm) Alright then wise-guy, why don't  you keep being lovey-dovey with Gwen before go full Kickin' Hawk on your ass!

Gwen: Alright then, that's  enough you two! It was nice seeing  you again  Ben. You too, Carmen! Hope you guys  have a good time, dweeb.

Carmen: (walking away with Ben) Huh, I guess you were right. They really do love me.

Carmen: (flips her hair) But then again, who wouldn't?

Ben: (smiles) Alright then ~Ms. Femme Rouge~, why don't  catch up with the rest of the family members, huh?

Carmen: (wraps arms around his arm) Lead the way, Tennyson.

The couple entered the bustling kitchen where many of his extended  family reside. A lot of them were helping out with preparations, since the area they were in was quite wide.

"OH MY STARS AND GARTERS! IF IT ISN'T  MY SWEET LIL' BENJY!"

The shape-shifting  hero was then wrapped into the suffocating embrace of an older woman, an embrace that made Ben' s skin blue and darken.

Ben: (suffocating) N-Nice to see you too  Aunt Vera! I'd  kinda like to breathe now.

Vera: Oh my, where are my manners!

Vera Tennyson  released her great nephew from the tight grip, a hug that Ben was sure almost broke his hip.

Vera: Merry Christmas , Ben! You've  grown into the strapping young man since we last met and-

Vera: (looks to Carmen who shyly waves at her) Oh My! And who might this lady friend be?!

Carmen: Carmen. Your nephew's girlfriend. It's nice to finally meet yo-

Carmen was then wrapped into the same suffocating  hug, one that was as warm as it was snug.

Vera: GIRLFRIEND?! WELL THEN YOU'RE  PRACTICALLY  FAMILY ALREADY THERE!