A Tooniverse Christmas: Meeting the Parents

"Are you sure that you really don't  have a problem with this."

"C'mon Carm, have a little faith. My family's  gonna love you."

Ben Tennyson  and Carmen Sandiego were currently standing outside of his cousin's home, a place where his extended family were left to roam.

He and his current girlfriend were in their usual winter attire: Ben wore his white and green jacket while Carmen was wearing a fur hooded jacket that was as red as fire.

Ben: Ya don't need to get all panicked about all of this. It's just a little get together at my Gwen's place. Just ry to act natural around them.

Carmen: How can I act natural when my boyfriend is one of the galaxy's greatest heroes?! Ugh, I don't know Ben. Maybe I'm just, not  really up for this.

Ben: (looks to his girlfriend) But you're Carmen Sandiego! You're an awesome super thief who can take on any challenge! Why wouldn't ANYBODY like you?!

Carmen: Well the fact that I was a former THIEF should be a major red flag.

Ben: A thief who stole from other thieves. Not that bad of a resume in my opinion. Besides I can just take the lead when it comes to introductions. How about that?

Carmen:  (sighs) Fine, let's just see how this goes, Tennyson.

Carmen rung the doorbell of the residence and was greeted by a blonde woman she recognized as Ben's mother. She was very happy to see her son again, but was very confused when he brought a stranger.

"Oh my goodness, Ben! How have you been?! It's been so long since I've seen you face to face!"

Ben: (laughs) Oh c'mon, Mom. I still Facetime with you on my downtime, and my new apartment isn't that far away. It's not like I went to another planet or anything.

Ben's Mom: Sorry, sweetie. It's just so jarring not having you in our home. It's quite the change if you ask me.

Ben's Mom: (looks to Carmen) Speaking of  changes: Who's your new "friend"?

Carmen: O-oh right. Uh, I'm actually Ben's new girlfriend! The name's Carmen!

The former super spy was redacting her last name in order to make her lover's mother not worry, although she does fell like she wouldn't be phased by the whole story.

Ben's Mom: Why hello there Carmen! You can call me Sandra, or Mom if you're REALLY that attached to my son!

Ben (blushes) AHEM! Mom, didn't you say you were working on dinner with Aunt Nathalie and Great Aunt Vera?!

Sandra: Oh! Why of course, Ben! Matter of fact, why don't you and your new lady friend come inside and wait with everybody else.

Ben: No prob, Mom!

Ben: (whispers to Carmen) Things are going well so far, Carmie.

Carmen: (rolls eyes) Alright then Monster Boy! Let's follow "Mom's" head and head inside.

The new headed inside the residence to find an assortment of familiar faces from now and then, each of them ranging from human to alien.

From Gwen and Kevin keeping warm at the fireplace, to Cousin Sunny trying to keep to her own personal space.