"Lexie has a photographic memory," he sighed, "And she's getting in my head."

❦ ❦ ❦

S8 EP18

"YES, THANK YOU SO MUCH!" Norah ended the call, beaming from ear to ear as she snapped her head to the car's rear mirror, where Mark was already stealing curious glances at her.

"You're glowing-who was that?"

"Harvard," she replied in a singsong tone while she cooed Kai on the car seat next to her.

"Harvard? Isn't it still early for fellowship calls?" he glanced over to her briefly before keeping his eyes back on the road.

She nodded enthusiastically as they stopped at the red lights. "Remember the article I published earlier?" she asked, "They're gonna arrange a video interview with me, you know, alumni and all."

His eyes went wide, and he turned around on his seat to stare at the large grin on her face. "Holy crap. That's... wow," he shifted his gaze to Kai, "Your Mama's a genius, little man! I hope you got her brains!"

"Oh, you better get my brains, son, not your Dada's," she smirked. She stared at his eyes that flooded with pride and adoration; also, excitement.

Another car pulled to a stop next to them, and Mark raised a brow at the familiar faces inside it. He rolled down the windows, causing her to turn her head curiously. Derek and Meredith were in the other car, already had their window down.

"Hey, Derek, guess what? Norah's getting interviewed by Harvard!" Mark shouted from his seat as he leaned towards the opened window.

The neurosurgeon's eyes widened, too, and he had a proud grin on his face. "Congrats, Norah," he spoke, and she thanked him with a grin. "Mark, wanna race?"

"Zola's in the car, for god's sake!"
"Kai's in a car seat, Sloan!"

The two mothers stared at their partners in disbelief-both of them had a similar frown on their faces.

"Hey, Mer, tell Zozo I said hi," Norah called out.

"Aunt Norah said hi, Zozo. Are you gonna say hi back?" Meredith cooed to the baby in the back row of their car. Both the parents' faces beamed when Zola let out a noise.

"She said rawr," Meredith told the couple in the other car before turning back to her baby. "That's what a lion says."

Mark turned to his son with his eyes narrowed. "Can you say rawr, Kai? Rawr..."

"Mark, he's four and a half months old," Norah deadpanned, shaking her head at the glowing blue eyes, "Hey, eyes on the roa-holy mother of... Is that-"

"-a lion," Derek's eyes widened.

Mark blinked, "Rawr."

❦ ❦ ❦

"...AND IF THE ANEURYSM ruptures, I'd clip proximal and distal to it."

Lexie nodded and placed the flashcard down. "Ding, ding!" she voiced, "You're gonna ace your boards."

"Oh, I sure hope so," Norah sighed before tearing the crust off her sandwich while the younger resident slurped on her drink opposite her. "I'm losing sleep, daily."

"Well, I'm losing sleep, too. Tim's an ass, a good one, though," Lexie shrugged and gulped down her drink. Norah choked on her bread and furrowed her brows at the other resident, who realised what her words meant, and her eyes went wide.