75┃sloan offspring

BAILEY STRODE DOWN THE hallway until she reached the two attendings who were chitchatting at the nurses' station. With a slight tiptoe and a swift contraction of the muscles on her wrist, she landed a smack on the back of the plastic attending's head.

Mark ducked his head down a little as he hissed in pain, turning to the impassive face behind him; Derek snorted a laugh next to him.

"Do you know that your pregnant girlfriend is in this hospital?" she questioned.

"Yeah, she had a session with her therapist this morning," he stated and lifted his phone in the air, "She's got a long rant here. Her exact words are 'I think she's gonna shove antidepressants down my throat, because-'."

Bailey cut him off before he could finish reading the text messages. "Let me rephrase my question. Do you know that your very pregnant girlfriend is teaching a skills lab in this hospital?" she asked again, "Teaching those idiot interns who couldn't even get through the vocal cords while intubating a patient?"

Derek turned his head interestedly to Mark, who nodded, causing the female attending to scoff at him. "She likes teaching, and she refuses to stay in bed. Believe me, I tried, but she insisted that she does not need bed rest... and I tend to lose all arguments with her."

Bailey still had an unamused look on her face with her hands on her hips, staring at the plastic surgeon pointedly. "Norah was her second favourite intern," Derek muttered to the plastic surgeon, "After O'Malley."

"And the new interns are a pain in the ass," Bailey added.

"Really? She told me they're good," Mark recalled. "The interns love her."

Derek laughed, "I think she's the best teacher in this hospital. No offense, Bailey, but the interns do love her."

He passed the chart back to the nurse and placed his pen back into his white coat. "Oh, have you seen the paper she published last week? I got a call from Stanford saying they wanna meet with her."

Bailey, who had been staring daggers at Mark, had wiped off the unpleasant look on her face and replaced it with a proud one.

"She's striving without even stepping in an OR," Derek pointed out, "She's better than all of us. Well, maybe not me," -Mark and Bailey glared at the neurosurgeon- "but she's a genius."

Mark grinned to himself, with three words on his mind.

❦ ❦ ❦

MARK STEPPED INTO THE skills lab where Norah was working on her laptop.

The words on the screen constantly increased and decreased, then increased again. The brunette let out a huff and leaned back against the chair, then immediately jolted back and started clicking away on the keyboard.

He finally snorted when she slammed on the backspace repeatedly; his presence made her glance over to him with an unamused look. "Hungry?" he asked, walking up to her before passing a container of lunch prepared by Timothy.

She sighed, pushing herself away from the table and turned to face him. "I hate being fifth year."

"Well, on the bright side, you're starting your fellowship next year," he reminded. "Navy scrubs."

"Navy scrubs..." she repeated his words with a corner of her mouth turned up. "Wow... Remember when you were flirting with me shamelessly during my intern year?"

"Remember when your dumbass just wouldn't give in to your feelings?" he chuckled at the recollection of what seemed like forever ago. "Now, look at us," he grinned, his hand on her stomach, "All three of us."

You Promised | Mark Sloan ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara