32┃pen-trach lad

S5 EP6

[CW: slight animal cruelty]

"IS THAT ANATOMY JANE?" Norah questioned as she caught up to Meredith and Cristina.

Meredith nodded with a grin on her face. "My mom bought it for me when I was five," she said, "which was a super creepy gift for a five-year-old-but I liked it."

"I got one when I was six, too," Norah stated, "But I think I gave mine to Tim. He liked it better than me."

As the three friends took a turn down the hall, chatting about the creepy-looking anatomy doll, Cristina's eyes widened. "Run!"

She grabbed the other two residents' arms, dragging them along with her. Norah and Meredith looked at each other, puzzled, as they followed Cristina running down the hallways, dodging nurses and doctors along their way.

Cristina took a sharp turn, and they stopped behind a wall. "Blimey hell-you saw your mother?" Norah questioned, crossing her arms in front of her chest; Meredith and Cristina leaned against the wall, panting.

"I just saw Owen," Cristina panted while the other two shared a confused look. "Major Owen Hunt. You know, the guy who pulled the icicle from my chest-?"

"Oh-pen-trach lad?" Norah recalled and cocked a brow, "He's back?"

"I thought he was in Iraq," Meredith queried, sharing the same confused look.

"Well, yeah, he was, and now he's here, in my hospital," Cristina exclaimed.

"You're freaking out like you've shagged him or something," Norah shook her head, but when she saw Cristina glaring at her, her eyes widened. "Oh no-Cristina! I told you-"

"It was a kiss!" Cristina defended, "It was stupid, it was nothing-stupid nothing!"

"But you don't think he thinks it was a stupid nothing," Meredith voiced out.

"I mean, he obviously likes me, and now he's back," Cristina shook her head with a defeated sigh. "What's he doing back?"

"Pen-trach lad could've quit the military for you," Norah suggested with a shrug.

"That'd be severely stalkery," Meredith added, "but very romantic."

"I'm not getting involved with another attending," Cristina declared firmly.

Norah and Meredith shared a look while the former snorted. "We'll see, sweetheart."

"Oh, shush, Norah," Cristina snapped at the brunette, "You're all over Sloan, and we all know it."

"Hey, three of us... an attending each. We're crazy, aren't we?"

"I'd say that we'd bagged them all."

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH, MEREDITH AND Cristina walked into the residents' locker room, still chatting about the arrival of the new addition to the hospital. Bailey walked into the room right as they put away their stuff in their respective cubbies.

"Okay, two things," Bailey broke their chatters, "You all have a skills lab this morning. It is mandatory. Don't think about trying to get out." The residents groaned. "Second, one of you will not have to go to the mandatory lab because you will be assisting me in my efforts to remove an inoperable tumor from a ten-year-old girl."

Several hands shot up. "I'll do it," George volunteered instantly.

"No, you won't," Bailey shot him down, "You have a hundred delinquent charts. You will do those after the lab."