Callie's eyes widened in joy immediately. "Excellent idea! We're freezing the rest of it!"

Timothy wiped his hands on the hand towel before grabbing his stuff and pager from the kitchen counter. "Bye, guys," he rounded the corner before lowering his head to Callie's stomach, "See you, kiddo."

"He's doing better in this whole co-parenting thing than I expected," Callie admitted as she scooped up the spinach on her plate.

"Yeah, well, he's still a resident. He will be stuck in the hospital most of the time," Arizona voiced out with a slight snarl in her tone.

Mark furrowed his brows at her, chewing on the mouth-watering food. "Still, Robbins, you gotta admit he's handling it very well."

❦ ❦ ❦

S7 EP15

IT WAS SIX IN THE EVENING when Norah plopped down on the empty chair at the nurses' station in the ER. She hugged the big bag of Doritos to her chest while munching on the chips.

She scrunched up her nose at the little chip packet that Cristina was holding. "Is that ranch?" she queried, "Ew."

"You don't get to judge my one-dollar vending machine chips, sweetheart," Cristina scowled back at her with a frown on her face, "Where'd you get that Doritos from?"

"I got Mark to run to the store before he came in," Norah shared and crunched the chip in her mouth.

"Damn, I should get Owen to do that."

Meredith had just handed a clipboard over to a nurse before meeting them at the station. A tired look on her face as she was handed over yet another clipboard from another nurse. She glared at both her friends, who were snacking while swinging on the rolling chairs.

"Are you two gonna help me at all or are you just gonna sit there and eat potato chips?" she finally snapped at the pair.

Cristina and Norah shared a look before shrugging. "I performed four back-to-back fem-pop bypasses today. This is the first chair I've seen since seven a.m., and this is the first food I've had since yesterday," the former stated, "I choose potato chips."

"Doritos?" Norah offered. Meredith narrowed her eyes while she continued scribbling on the clipboard. The brunette sighed and picked out a handful few chips from the bag before shoving it into Meredith's mouth.

The phone at the station started to ring, and Cristina leaned back against her chair nonchalantly. Meredith quickly gestured Norah to pick up the phone as she was still munching on the mouthful of chips.

"You brought this on yourself, you know?" Cristina told Meredith, "You volunteered to help run the ER."

"Seattle Grace Mercy West Emergency," Norah spoke, and the caller on the other side started notifying her about their patient. "Got it, thank you." She placed the phone down and turned to the curious residents. "There's a suspected appy on a ten-year-old," she informed.

"Let's page Robbins," Meredith notified a nurse who returned with a nod before she turned back to Cristina. "You know, I saw a need and I filled it, like any good Chief Resident candidate."

"Sadomasochistic Chief Resident candidate, maybe," Cristina shrugged, and Norah cackled. Meredith laughed at her joke with a broad smile on her face. "What is up with you?" the former questioned, slightly concerned, "You're all perky and cheerful."

"Yeah, totally not dark and twisty at all," Norah added in agreement.

"Ah, you know, it's the, uh, fertility drugs," Meredith replied, "We have stepped it up. I'm pumped full of hormones."