62┃unspoken words

Mulai dari awal

He lifted his eyes to one of the camera crew members who was gesturing something to him. "Oh, *bleep*, I can't say-alright, sorry. Anyways," he sighed and shifted in his seat, "it changed me in ways, big and small... Like, now I prefer stairs over elevators, and uh... loud sounds sometimes startle me, too. But I'm coping... We all are."

"Hm? How do I feel about my sister standing in front of the *bleep* gunman? Sorry again, by the way, um..." he frowned and shrugged, "Stupid. Just... stupid, really. But she kinda did it to save me, so... I thank her, too, I guess...?"

The camera cut back to the other conference room where Norah was having a solo interview.

"Right, I did stand in front of a gunman, didn't I?" she chuckled nervously, "I just did... The gunman was about to shoot Dr Grey, and I just... I made a choice... And all choices have consequences, so... I stood in front of the gunman, and I'm just lucky that I'm able to sit here in front of this camera today and answer your bloody questions."

NORAH STOPPED HER spinning on the chair when she noticed the camera rolling.

"A tattoo?" April scoffed lightly as the camera zoomed in on her and Lexie at the nurses' station. "It's just so unfair that something like this could ruin everything."

DR LEXIE GREY

Surgical Resident

DR APRIL KEPNER

Surgical Resident

Lexie made a few brief eye contacts with the camera before lowering her eyes back to her chart. "The patient could reject the arms emotionally," Norah sighed, "That wouldn't be good."

Jackson walked up to them with a granola bar in his hand. "Hi. Is it true?" he asked, "Are you guys scrubbing in on the-" he stopped momentarily when he noticed the cameras around them, "-double-arm transplant?"

DR JACKSON AVERY
Surgical Resident

Jackson was smiling at the cameras as he postured himself, straightening his back and making eye contact with the camera. The three other residents stared at him weirdly when they fell into an awkward silence.

"What's wrong with you?" Lexie questioned him.

"N-Nothing," he attempted to act it out, "What's wrong with you?"

"Avery, Avery..." Norah sighed while trying to suppress a laugh. She got up from her seat and rounded the station, giving him a sharp clap on the back while smirking at him knowingly. "Poser."

THE FOOTAGE OF LEXIE arguing with the security personnel at the entrance of the hospital was played. The two men held her ID card while they discussed whether or not to let her through, ignoring the frustrated explanation by the resident.

Eventually, she got fed up and made a run through the scanners, triggering the alarms along the way.

A series of montages were played, one of them being Timothy knocking over a tray in the ER as he jumped at the blaring noise. His mouth was moving, most likely mumbling a string of swears and curses while the long beep of censoring sound was played.

The camera cut to the view inside OR 2, where the donor's arms were being attached to the recipient's by a group or attendings. Surrounding them were a crowd of residents from all years, most holding phones and cameras while some held a notepad to scribble down information.