"Well, gun to the head, she might gun herself," Meredith stated matter-of-factly.

Norah narrowed her eyes and folded her arms above her chest. "Okay, the fact that you're not wrong-"

❦ ❦ ❦

PRIVATE PRACTICE S3 EP11

"WHAT IS THE MATTER with you?" Addison demanded as she stormed into her office. Mark followed closely behind after he was close to starting a fight with one of her co-workers, Pete.

"Me? What's the matter with you?" he questioned back, "You're as wound up as I've ever seen you."

"I am not the one starting schoolyard fights with other doctors," she scoffed unamusingly.

"You're wound up, Addie. Just admit it."

"Bizzy's a lesbian!"

Mark blinked as her words slowly sunk in. "What?"

"My mother-she's a lesbian, which means the captain wasn't a cheater," Addison explained in defeat, "It was all a sham-my whole childhood. Everything I believed about my dad, my mom, love, marriage... It's all turned on its head. So, yeah, I'm a little... wound up," she gave up, "Your turn."

Mark had to shake his head away from the information that settled in. He let out a long, heavy sigh when he returned to his problems. "I think Norah's mad at me."

"You think?"

"Well, I asked her to raise Sloan's baby with me. Or, you know, raise it with me and Sloan," he explained, slumping down on the couch.

She studied his expression curiously. "And?"

"And I... didn't ask her about her thoughts on it before I uh..." he added the last part in a small voice, glancing at the redhead who had her hands on her hips.

"She isn't answering my calls or texts, Addison, and I think I might start losing my mind here," he rubbed along his jaw, "I know I should've asked her first, but I was so excited. And I was so sure it was the right thing, because of her. Well, keyword: was."

"You didn't consult her on whether she's fine with you raising your grandson along with your daughter in you two's home," Addison deadpanned and shook her head, "And she's still young for that, don't you think? She's just a third-year resident."

"Do not take her side!"

"Oh no, I am taking her side!" she fired back, "When you snapped at the many nurses or doctors, including me, she was the one who apologised to them all."

"I never asked her to-"

"But she did so anyway. And I'm sure you don't need me to tell you why," she cut him off with an unamused look on her face. "Mark, I have no interest in knowing what the hell you snapped at her about, but I'm telling you, if you go on at this rate, it's not gonna end well."

"I..." His words flushed off as the guilt slowly ate him from within.

"Don't waste this one love, Mark. It's a great one, and you know it."

Mark leaned his head back against the couch but sprang up to his feet only seconds later. "I screwed up, oh my god," he muttered under his breath, "This really sucks right now... and your thing sucks, too."

He paced a few laps before lifting his head back to Addison with a bitter look on his face. "Bizzy's a lesbian?"

"Thank you!"