43┃orange scrubs

Start from the beginning

Izzie and Alex both quirked a brow at the brunette curiously. "Do you wanna die a tragic death?" Norah questioned, tilting her head aside as she studied the priceless look on the redhead's face.

Several Mercy Westers were staring at them; the others in light blue scrubs looked more than amused.

"I'm Norah Lawrence, by the way," she spoke, putting her stuff away, "And I don't really hope we get along."

The redhead was quick in emptying the cubby, along with her friend who moved to the opposite side. Kirian did not waste time in accidentally blocking their way; Nina accidentally bumped her in the shoulder; Jace making sure that the remaining cubby was the one with a squeaky drawer.

Timothy gave his sister a fist bump as the siblings sniggered. "Explosion and tragic death?" he cocked a brow at her.

She shrugged. "Exaggerated, but effective."

❦ ❦ ❦

"WHAT THE HELL IS A 'Zone 1'?" Norah questioned as she narrowed her eyes at her pager.

"The ER. The 'zones' thing is the oranges' idea," Timothy replied as he passed by her, "Come on. I got assigned there, too."

Her vision got flooded with bright orange scrubs. She rolled her eyes and headed to the ER, where it was chaotic, just like every other day. She could feel the excitement radiating out of her brother next to her.

Norah walked over-dodging through a crowd of people-to Cristina, who was checking on a patient's leg.

"Frank!" A young girl not older than 20 rushed up to them through the ER, immediately kissing the man on the bed. Norah and Cristina swapped a look; the latter faked a gag, which caused the former to snort. "Oh my god. Honey, are you okay?"

"I'll be fine, sweetheart," Frank replied, and the curtain opposite his bed was drawn open.

"Get off of her, you perv!" a man yelled.

"Daddy?!" the girl narrowed her eyes at her father in disbelief; Frank stared in horror.

"I will kill you, you son of a bitch!" the man shouted as he picked up the hammer next to him and launched himself towards the couple.

Cristina immediately called for security-Norah whacked the hammer of the man's hand-Timothy reached out a foot to trip the man-and a Mercy Wester with sharp green eyes tackled the man to the ground.

Everything happened in a blink of an eye.

Frank exhaled in relief while Owen hurried out from a trauma room, staring at the resident on top of the man while security cuffed the man away. "Nice work," Owen stated.

"Thanks..."

Cristina scoffed in disbelief when the hospital staff started clapping and whistling at the man in orange scrubs. "Hey, Lawrence and Lawrence here helped, too!" she voiced out, mainly to Owen, who scratched his head and nodded.

"Uh, nice work. All three of you."

Timothy shrugged back, and Jackson smiled awkwardly before walking over to the residents by Frank's bed. "Nice catch with that," he pointed out as Norah placed the hammer aside.

"Not as good as your tackle, I guess," she replied.

"Nah, I could've got hit in the head by the hammer if it were flying," he chuckled, extending his hand, "I'm Jackson Avery, by the way."

"Norah Lawrence. Pleasure to meet you."

Jackson smiled back at her before returning to his patient. Cristina stared at the brunette unamusingly. "'Pleasure to meet you'?" she questioned, "Didn't you just bitch down one of them this morning?"