"Plastics," Kirian replied definitely.

The resident let out a snort-like chuckle, looking amused. "You better start sucking up to Sloan, then."

"Well, see, that's gonna be a problem," he sighed, sinking back in his seat. "I think he already hates me for-you know-having a drink with you the other night." His demotivated look made her snicker.

Suddenly, the CT machine started to sizzle; bright lights flashed as the water droplets from the ceiling fell onto the machine, causing the resident and intern to jump up from their seats. "Holy crap-wow-I mean, Rook, page the chief!"

❦ ❦ ❦

"I QUIT MY SHRINK."

"Congratulations." Norah placed her lunch tray on the table, sitting opposite Meredith and adjacent to Cristina.

Meredith shrugged. "I'm happy. We're happy."

"Can I sit here?" Lexie asked as she took the seat next to Norah. The latter raised a brow at the stressful look on the intern's face while she peeled off the crusts of her sandwiches.

George entered the cafeteria, sighing, and Lexie immediately perked up. "George! George!" she waved for him to come to them, "How did it go?"

The man in question shook his head as he struggled to find his words, finally dropping his head on the table. "There's a water problem. And I'm just trying to help the chief," he grumbled, "Now... Now the medical facts are falling out of my ear..."

"Eat this," Lexie spoke up, feeding George something from her tray, "It's brain food."

"Hey, my aneurysm guy fell in the water, smacked his head, then the CT machine was fried with him in it," Norah shared, biting off her sandwich. "He's a magnet for misfortunes-kinda like me, now come to think of it..."

"Well, my patient's dying," Meredith sighed. "I hate it when I like them, and they're dying."

"Our guy's been living in pain at a constant eight the last seven years because of an inflamed nerve in his nose," Lexie joined it. "It's crazy!"

"Sloan's on the case?" Norah queried, and the intern nodded.

"I wish I had an inflamed nerve in my nose," George groaned in frustration.

"There is no way that guy's been living at an eight. He's a wimp," Cristina scoffed, "His eight? My three. I can take pain."

"You can't talk to my boyfriend for ten minutes," Meredith cocked a brow at her.

"There's pain, and then there's torture," Cristina grimaced. "I can take pain. Test me."

Alex started licking his fingers while he stood up. He reached for Cristina's hand and smacked it-hard-but the latter did not budge. "Impressive," he nodded.

"Shut up," George narrowed his eyes at Alex, "You barely touched her."

Alex immediately got up and smacked both George and Meredith in the forearm, both of them yelping in pain. He made eye contact with Norah and was about to reach for her hand-but finally decided against it and sat back down.

"How did you diagnose that nerve?" Cristina asked the intern, "Because I've never heard of that condition."

"I remembered an article from the British Journal of ENT," Lexie replied, "It was issue 47, page 19, from 1964." The others stared at her, impressed yet baffled. She spoke up hesitantly, "A photographic memory..."

"Dude," Alex smirked, "Lexipedia."

❦ ❦ ❦

"YOU CAN OPEN THAT retractor up a little more if you wanna get a better look," Hahn stated as she and Norah worked on Mr O'Brien in the OR; Kirian assisted next to the resident. "Just make sure you keep the small bowel inside. I wanna avoid a post-op ileus."