21┃is that what you want?

Start from the beginning

"You mean, do I know that I'm a hell of a challenge?" she turned her head to him, "Yes."

Before he could kiss her again, the doorbell rang.

Mark narrowed his eyes at her, and she stared back at him with a shrug. "Put on some pants," she whisper-yelled at him as she tossed the journal on the coffee table.

Reluctantly, she got up from his lap and made her way to the front door. She peeked through the peephole-her eyes widened as she snapped her head back to him. He was puzzled by her alarming face while pulling up his pair of jeans, still fumbling with its zip.

Norah opened the door slightly; the narrow gap was only wide enough for her head to peek through. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

The man at the door narrowed his eyes at her. "Geez, what a way to welcome your brother. I remember you saying that I'm fucking welcome to stay here whenever I need to?"

She looked down at the two large luggage bags behind him. Oh crap. "Yes, Tim, but-"

"Well, not to boast, but I'm starting my internship tomorrow, Nor," he stated, "So let me in-"

"Wait-stop!" she practically barked at Timothy, who was about to push open the door. He cocked a brow at her while her mind ran laps in her head. "C-Come back later!" she stammered before slamming the door shut.

Mark peered up from behind the couch, his eyebrows raised to his hairline with an alarming look on his face. "Your brother is here?" he mouthed to her with a gasp.

Before she could reply, Timothy's voice spoke again from outside. "Good morning, Dr Sloan. Mind asking my sister to let me the fuck in?"

Mark's mouth gaped open, and Norah stared back at him with the same shocking face. He stood up from his spot while she turned back to the door to unlock it with a heavy exhale. The door swung open, and Timothy stared between the two with a smirk on his face.

"Hello to you, too, sister dearest."

"You best shut your bloody snout, or I'll smash your head in. Literally," she threatened, and her brother motioned a 'zipping-mouth' gesture, then tossing the 'keys' away. "How... How did you know?"

He raised a brow at her while pulling his luggage bags into the apartment. "You have sex hair, Nor," he pointed out obviously.

"No, I mean, h-how did you know it was Mark?"

"I didn't," he shrugged, taking off his shoes, "I fucking guessed it. Either I hit jackpot, or I'll send another lad packing."

Norah looked at him, impressed; Mark, too, was surprised. "You know, I would call you crazy..." she spoke, "But I'd do the same."

"I know you would."

Norah pulled him back to his spot before he could walk away. "You are starting your internship in Seattle Grace?" she queried, and he nodded excitedly. "You wanker-you didn't even bother mentioning to me that you applied in Seattle Grace?"

"Surprise...?"

"You are the one who loves surprises. I hate them," she scowled at him, "And, you hate the West Coast."

"I'll learn to like it here," Timothy grinned at the unamused look on his sister's face before turning to the man in the living room. "Breakfast, Dr Sloan?"

Mark looked at Norah, still baffled by the whole unexpected situation. The way the siblings interacted was awe to him. Norah turned to Timothy, who had walked into the kitchen carrying a large back over his shoulder. "I didn't stock up on groceries," she informed.