11┃crying in the supply closet

Start from the beginning

"They're not chopping my brain in half, Leanne," Mr Tresselt stated.

"Taylor should function much like he does right now," Derek assured.

"I'm having five seizures a day, Leanne. You don't leave me in a room alone with the baby. You think I don't notice?" Mr Tresselt queried, and his wife stared back at him. "You ask your mother to come by every time you need to take a shower-it's because you think I'm a danger to the baby. And I am."

Norah turned to look at Derek, who was also caught in the awkwardness as the room fell silent. "Look, if you're not sure, for any reason, we can wait," he suggested.

"I want to be able to take care of our baby. Please, Leanne, we already agreed. Please."

After Mrs Tresselt had agreed to her husband's surgery, the two surgeons walked out of the room. They had just walked down the hallway when Norah was gifted a coffee from a shy male nurse, who blushed and quickly headed off in the other direction.

Derek smirked at her. "He's hitting on you."

"And I'm treating this as a 'welcome-back-to-work' coffee," she shrugged, taking a sip off the paper cup. She swallowed the drink and shook her head. "It's latte. I don't like lattes-too milky."

"Yet you're still drinking it," he noted.

"Because I need the caffeine, and I missed my cappuccino order this morning."

Derek watched as the intern gulped down the drink rapidly as if she was severely dehydrated. "Mark's in Seattle," he voiced out, gaining her attention, and Norah narrowed her eyes at him. "I caught him sleeping with Addison... Again."

"You caught them while they were..."

"No, no-not this time, at least," he sighed. "He was just out of the shower wrapping a towel around himself."

Hot-

"Well, Addison did found out that you shagged Meredith on prom night," Norah reminded him. Derek stared at her, slightly taken aback by how she knew about that information. "What? I might not be in the hospital, but I know when someone's panties got pinned on the bulletin board," she sneered, and he rolled his eyes.

"But that's alright because Meredith and I are dating now," he smiled.

"So I've heard," she hummed. "And she's dating your vet, too. Girl's ambitious-good for her," she sent him a pat on the shoulder before walking off, and the neurosurgeon sighed heavily.

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH RAISED A BROW at the pile of cash in the middle of the table. "What're we betting on?" she asked, setting down her lunch tray and sitting down.

"Meredith and Finn," Alex replied. Norah followed his gaze to the other side of the table, where the two in question were chatting happily. "Who eats cake for lunch?"

He sent a questioning look at the dessert on her plate, and she glared at him. "Me, apparently."

"Fifty down on whether Shepherd shows up to challenge Finn to a duel," Cristina stated.

Norah pulled out some cash from her pocket and placed it in the betting pile. "Eighty says Derek nicks Meredith away from the vet," she announced.

"Oh, can I be in the..." George pulled about a note from the pocket of his scrub top, "with five?"

"That's not a bet. That's milk money, dude," Alex laughed.

"I left the rest of my cash at home..."

"Oh, here we go, here we go. Okay," Cristina cleared her throat, and the four of them snapped their heads towards the action. Derek walked past Meredith and Finn's table to the coffee stall to buy a drink, then walked back past the table.