Derek chuckled. "Dr Yang, what's our immediate concern?"

"That the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain," Cristina replied. He nodded, and the rest of the interns left the room. Cristina gave Norah a wink when she noticed the latter gawking at her.

"You need to rest your shoulder, sweetheart," Cristina mocked her English accent, which ended up in her earning a sharp nudge in the side from the brunette.

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH SAT LAZILY IN AN empty office, where she was flipping through a few case files when George entered, shutting the glass door behind him. She lifted her head from the papers at stared at the male intern. "What's up?"

"I... wanna ask Meredith out," he blurted out, "on a date. Like-dating, date?" Norah's mouth hung open as she stared at him, her brain not forming any words for her to speak. George groaned, "You think it's a bad idea..."

"No, George, I-" Before she could reply, the door opened again, and Derek entered the office. He nodded an acknowledgement at George, who immediately moved to the side of the room and started pulling out random charts to escape the awkwardness.

"How's your arm doing?" the attending asked.

"Good as new," she claimed, leaning back against the chair. The attending raised a brow at her. "It's been two weeks since I've last been inside an OR," she dreaded. "And cutting people open is a part of my learning process-I'm a surgical intern!"

"Who happens to survive a bomb explosion with nothing more than a dislocated shoulder and a cut on her face," Derek added. "You know, the scar is starting to grow on you. Don't you think so, O'Malley?"

George turned to them hastily and nodded at Norah-very slowly. She let out a grunt and rolled her eyes to the back of her head. As much as it annoyed her, the cut on her jaw had left a scar. Fortunately, it was not too obvious, only able to be seen close up or if you really took notice of it.

"Ah, and Bailey specifically told me not to let you inside an OR for another two weeks," Derek told the intern, whose eyes widened displeasingly. "But I'll cut it down to one. She wouldn't..." he trailed off and did a double-take outside the window. "That son of a bitch-"

"Huh?"

Norah and George stared confusedly at the attending, who stormed out of the office, heading towards the nurses' station-Meredith was smiling at a man in a leather jacket. Right as the blonde intern shook the man's hand, Derek's fist collided with the other man's face; a swing punched him off his balance.

Norah leapt off her chair and moved next to George, who had perked up upon witnessing the incident with his jaw dropped. The neurosurgeon was waving his hand in pain; everyone surrounding them looked alarmed at the situation.

Through the window, she vaguely made out the words that Derek had muttered to Meredith; curiosity rose within her. "Who's Mark?" she questioned, glancing at the man who was hissing in pain on the floor.

"I think... I think he's the guy Addison slept with," George guessed, and Norah turned her head to him in surprise. "The one that made Shepherd move to Seattle."

"Oh," she blinked. "Go Shepherd, then." She watched as the man in the leather jacket picked himself up, rubbing his jaw in pain. An amused smile crept up her face as Addison appeared on the scene, looking shocked at the whole situation.

"This internship is becoming highly... interesting."

The two interns watched as the Chief of Surgery spoke some words to the man wearing a leather jacket, then instructed Meredith to handle the cut on the man's face.