"Well, then you both have bad taste," Izzie snapped at him; he scowled at her, clearly offended.

"You can't say that you weren't warned," he grumbled, "Alex has always been Alex."

"You dodged a bullet, Iz," Meredith spoke up, "You're better off without him."

"Why are you even surprised? You sleep with a snake, you get bit," Cristina added.

"For the record, he's a prat," said Norah, "And a prat will always remain a prat. His loss, Iz."

"Thank you, Norah, I appreciate that," Izzie said sincerely, then put on a forced smile towards the others. "And thanks, guys... for the support."

Bailey walked into the room, staring at each of her tired interns. "Who's on call tonight?" she asked.

Izzie raised her hand at once. "I am."

"Alright, the rest of you, go home, sleep," Bailey ordered, looking at each of her interns. "All five quints are alive. It's a good day."

The four others stood up from their seats, stifling a yawn. "See you later, Izzie," Norah smiled at the blonde before she left after George, Cristina and Meredith. "Hey, can I crash on one of your couches?" she asked. "I'm too tired to drive."

"You're most welcome to," Meredith offered with a sleepy smile. "My house is basically a frat house."

❦ ❦ ❦

"YOU KNOW, A DOG IS not a replacement for a human being," George stated while the interns were busy getting ready for their morning in the locker room.

"But dogs are way better than human beings," Norah disagreed, shrugging on her white coat. George stared at her with narrowed eyes while Cristina and Meredith nodded in agreement.

"You better wake her," Alex suggested, nudging his head in Izzie's direction; the latter had fallen asleep in the corner of the locker room after staying up all night to look after the quintuplets. "If Bailey catches her, she's dead."

"Izzie," Cristina called out, but there was no response coming from the blonde, so she kicked her side while Norah shot a hair tie at her face. "Izzie."

"Damn it-what?!" Izzie snapped, glaring daggers at the other interns.

Cristina had a rather triumphant grin on her face. "Hell hath no fury like a girl whose non-boyfriend screws a nurse," she joked.

"Bitch."

"I like you bitter and pissed off. You're almost like a normal person now."

"Almost," Norah emphasised with a smirk.

❦ ❦ ❦

"CRISTINA HAS A MURDERER who swallowed razor blades," Norah gasped in awe, leaning against the nurses' station. "How cuckoo is that?"

"Very," George replied half-heartedly. "You see them in there?" he asked. Norah followed his gaze into the quintuplets' room, where Meredith and Derek were chatting while checking on the preemies. "They're smiling-are they flirting?"

Norah opened her mouth to reply, but no right words seemed to be coming out of it. So, she closed it and shook her head. "I actually have no idea." The two definitely seemed happy-that she knew.

Perhaps they can remain good friends in a healthy working environment? she wondered. Though, a part of her knew that it would be nearly impossible.

Suddenly, Charlotte's heart monitor started beeping rapidly. Norah and George rushed into the room behind the nurse.

"BP's low. She's tachycardic."