Him

"It should've been you that night..." Violet thought of the poisonous words that left Luke's mouth that night. "Was he right?" Violet thought to herself. The love she has...had for him was gone. The only love she'd ever known was gone.

That night with her friends, the last night she'd ever seen him. The words he spoke, the crisp feel of the wind, the last day of august. "Could I have saved him." Violet thought. She still remembers the taste of him. The feel of his touch of his skin on hers. She remembers the love she felt, the love that felt ever so distant now. The love that didn't matter because he was gone.

Violet picked up her new guitar and pulled out some paper.

"I have to let go. I have to let him go free."

This love is good

Violet thought of the last look on his face, an expression of terror, yet love filled his eyes as his last moments were filled with this type of love that couldn't compare to anything else they'd felt. She remembers the waves of tears in his blue eyes that matched the ocean perfectly.

This love is bad

She remembers how they walked through the halls, heads held high. Nothing could break them. Love at its finest. They had the love all of their classmates dreamed of. They were soulmates, true love. The summer before college on the peaks near the sea. The waves crashing against the rocks.

This love is alive

Nothing could bring him back. Nothing could bring that love back. Not Calum. Not Mike. Not anyone. It was their love. She wanted to bring him back. If only she had held on a little bit tighter. He could've never fallen. If she had spun around once more, it could've been her. It should've been her.

Back from the dead.

She wrote, but the love wasn't "back from the dead" it was still dead. And there wasn't anything to do about it. She had to let love go. She had to let him go. He was the reason that she met Calum. He was the reason for everything that happened after that summer.

These hands had to let it go free

She had to let him go, but how? He was all she'd ever known. All she'd ever want to know. She missed him. She wanted him to come back.

This love came back to me

Violet finished writing. The tear stained page in her notebook would be forever wrinkled by reminders of him. She finished off the page by writing in big letters on the top.

This Love

Authors Note❤️
Hey guys. Sorry these last chapters have been shorter than the rest. I can assure you though that there are longer chapters to come.

Love, Tori🧁