The Sixth Cat

"Michael?"

"Yes Violet?" Michael got up from his place on the couch.

"Do you know how to braid hair?" Violet asked from the bathroom.

"No...I'm sorry." Michael sighed as he leaned against the door. "Do you need new clothes?"

"What should I wear?" Violet peaked her head out of the bathroom to look at the bleach blonde haired man.

"Come out and we can pick something you're comfortable in." Michael smiled as she opened the door, a towel covering her.

Violet sat on her bed covered with black sheets and a sage green blanket. "Michael...can I ask you a question?" Violet looked down at her hands.

"Only if you tell me where you keep your pajamas." Michael laughed.

"Top drawer to the right. Why'd you punch Luke?" Violet asked quickly.

Michael laughed as he looked through the drawer. "Because...I don't...I don't know Violet, I just did. Can we not talk about today? I think it'd be good for both of us." Michael picked out sweatpants and a large black T-shirt.

"Okay..." Violet said as Michael left the room for her to change.

Violet got changed and saw her phone light up. She hadn't gotten a call from this number in a while, but she was happy to see it.

"Hey Bea...what's up." Violet said to her best friend since elementary school.

"Violet! You picked up! You never pick up! Omg this calls for a movie night! I'm walking over!" Bea yelled over the phone.

"Okay Bea...see you soon." Violet hung up the phone and made her way to the kitchen where the heavenly smell was coming from.

"I made pasta!" Michael smiled widely as he stirred the pot.

"Do you have enough for 3? My friend is coming over for a movie night...care to join us?" Violet asked sweetly.

"What type of movies are we watching?" Michale asked as he skeptically ran a hand through his hair.

"Romantic Comedy?" Violet sat at the counter.

"Hell yes!"

"Yay!" Bea squealed as she walked in. Her baggy sweats and hoodie matched Violets except Bea was a little taller and her hair was shorter.

"Hey I made pasta!" Mike smiled at the girl who ran over to Violet.

"Violet...why is there a hot man who cooks in your kitchen?" Bea whispered into Violet's ear.

"Violet's had a difficult night, so I came to see her. Also thank you, and my name is Michael." Michael smiled. "Oh and I'm also in a band, I play the guitar." Michael mentioned.

"Well I'm Bea, Violet's best friend." Bea fist bumped Violet.

The group ate the pasta and made their way to Violet's room for movie night.

"Okay...how about...10 Things I Hate About You?" Bea asked while Mike and Violet sat up on the bed together.

"Yes please!" Violet responded as Bea sat down, Violet in the middle of them.

In the middle of the movie Bea had fallen asleep and Mike was getting drowsy.

"Violet...maybe we should go to sleep...I'm tired." Mike leaned his head on Violet.

"I can't sleep Mike...I just can't..." Violet looked down at him.

"That's okay...just close your eyes..." Violet went under the blanket with Michael and layed on her back, closing her eyes.

"Violet...can I lay on your chest...I usually have a pillow but...tonight there is only you..." Michael whispered.

"Mhm." Michael moved himself onto Violet's soft chest and wrapped his arm around her waist. Violet hesitantly wrapped her arm around Michael. He reminded her of one of her many cats.

"Goodnight Violet..."

"Goodnight Mikey."