𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜 ⸺ 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊✯ ┊ ┊ ✯★ ┊ ★✯ ✯★

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
✯ ┊ ┊ ✯
★ ┊ ★
✯ ✯

𝐀𝐌𝐑𝐀𝐄̈ 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 in utter darkness. No leaves, no branches to help her slow her fall; no ally nor ikran to swoop her from the air; she was alone. Limbs paralyzed, heartbeat frenetic, with only one certainty in mind: no one will come for her.

She snapped her eyes open to a blinding light, bright as the sun. Voices echoed around her from afar, as if they were coming from behind a glass panel. She blinked, her eyelids weighing tones. It took a few seconds for her body to shake out the numbness. As her surroundings sharpened, an arrow of panic struck her. The white was too artificial to be Pandoran.

The Sky People found me.

She jerked upwards, facing a bunch of humans in white coats, shouting words in English that, even if she spoke the language fluently, couldn't hear nor understand. In seconds, her brain assessed the situation. No cuffs. Only humans. A door nearby.

Ignoring the humans, ridiculously tiny next to her, extending their arms in hopes of stopping her, she jumped down. But before her left feet hit the ground, a wave of pain made her stumble backwards; she then noticed the various needles planted in her arms and connected to various machines.

Backing out towards the wall, she bared her teeth, her tail almost knocking one of the humans to the ground. They were all urging her to stop, and calm down, only making her anger and fear grow. Ripping the needles from her arms, she crossed the room in a few steps, no one daring to stand in the way of a eight-feet tall Na'vi.

The door led to another room, much larger; by the time she entered it, Amraë had already difficulty breathing in the pressurized atmosphere conditioned for the humans, unable to breath Ewya'eveng's air — or Pandora, as the Sky People called it. Na'vi could breathe in human oxygen, but only for a few minutes. She needed to get out, and fast.

She hurried across the room in between panicked scientists running in all directions; despite her now labored breathing and darkening vision, she hissed at every single one daring to come close to her. Her gaze turned to the back of the room. Door.

She hurried towards it as fast as she could, clutching her chest in pain. But before she could reach it, it opened. A Na'vi child, who could not be older than ten years old, entered. She stared at Amraë, eyes wide. Three fingers, Amraë noticed. Not an avatar, then. This was only getting more confusing. Another Na'vi entered behind the child, also in her teenage years but much older, closer to Amraë's age.

"Get back, Tuk," she ordered the child in Na'vi before yelling behind her shoulder. "Dad, come quick!"

Amraë's knees buckled, and she collapsed on the nearest tank, her breath laborious. Both girls rushed over, the older one removing a mask from around her neck and gently placing it on Amraë's nose and mouth.