Jennie laces their fingers together and nods. "I like this song, though."

Y/n smiles at her. "I like it too, Jen."

And just a few minutes later, they pass that sign again, the one Jennie hasn't seen in a year.

Welcome to Gungsan

"Where it all started," Jennie mindlessly mutters.

Y/n smiles and squeezes her hand.

A strange feeling spreads in Jennie's chest when she spots the first few houses that belong to the village.

Nostalgia, maybe.

Sadness, happiness, anger.

It all blends together, and suddenly Jennie feels like crying.

"Shh." Y/n brings her hand up to kiss her knuckles. "It's okay, Jen."

Jennie manages to hold back her tears, enough to get out of the car and open the gates to the house, that one house in this village Jennie is happy to see.

What feels like coming back home.

She opens the gates so Y/n can drive the car through and park it inside, and follows her after closing the gates again.

The sunflowers that greet her have grown high as ever, facing the sun, soaking up the warmth in their bright yellow and orange petals. Birds are chirping, and Jennie has to smile at the sound of cow bells in the distance.

She wonders how this must feel to Y/n, if Jennie feels like this, she can only imagine how it must be for her.

This was her home for twenty-four years. She grew up here. She has so much more memories here than Jennie does.

As Jennie approaches the house, she sees Y/n get out of the car, and hears her laugh, and she already knows what about.

Once she's close enough, she sees her girlfriend crouching on the ground, a fluffy, dark brown dog trying to climb into her lap.

"Kuma!"

Said dog looks at her and immediately lets go of Y/n, running towards Jennie. His tail's wagging wildly, and he's breathing so fast because of how excited he is, Jennie thinks the dog might pass out. Jennie crouches down on the grass and hugs the dog, smiling widely as she pets him everywhere she can.

"Aw, Kuma, baby I missed you so much. You remember me, right? Remember Jennie?"

Maybe not, maybe Kuma's just this excited with everyone he meets, but he's licking Jennie's cheek and ear and can barely control himself with how excited he is, so Jennie likes to think he recognizes Jennie.

"Silly dog," Y/n mumbles fondly as she watches them both with a smile. "Look at him. Got a new collar and everything."

"You do, don't you? Looking so handsome? I bet every misses dog in this village is all over, yeah?"

Y/n laughs at that. "Please shut up."

Jennie smiles up at her and kisses Kuma's head before reluctantly pulling away and standing up, Kuma staying close between them.

There's someone else she's dying to see, someone-

She hears the door of the house open, and both her and Y/n look up just in time to see her grandmother rounding the corner.

She's smiling brightly, and Jennie starts tearing up at the sight. She approaches her and before she can say anything, Jennie throws her arms around her to hug her tightly.

"Oh girl," Her grandmother says with a chuckle, patting her back and her hair. "Oh, Jennie, are you crying?"

"I missed you."