Chapter 18

We were too young to see this all through:

The list of things Jennie sucks at is humiliatingly long.

Waiting is at the very top of it all.

Which is exactly what she has to do the next day.

Wait.

Jennie didn’t sleep well last night, which only serves to make her even more jittery and on edge.

After she took Seokmin home and made sure he was safely tucked away in his bed and not in danger of choking on his own vomit, Jennie spent an hour sitting on the hammock inside, too nervous and worked up to step a foot inside the house.

Kuma was there to keep her company, and his warm and calming presence helped out a bit, but it wasn’t enough to stop Jennie from worrying about what was going to happen next.

That, and she kept touching her lips, the feeling of Y/n’s plush lips still lingering there, and the memory of it alone was enough to have her heart beat erratically and her stomach do crazy summersaults inside her body.

They kissed.

They kissed.

Jennie ended up falling from the hammock because of how much she was wiggling around, not able to contain her feelings, and Kuma looked at her like he was wondering if Jennie lost her mind.

She managed to get an hour of sleep in before sunrise and proceeded to get up and prepare breakfast for her grandmother and her because she felt like she was going crazy worrying about what happened between Y/n and her.

Then she washed the dishes and almost got her ass whooped because her grandmother didn’t want her to help.

She helped doing the laundry next, carrying the basket up and down the stairs since the washing machine is in the basement, helped hang the wet clothes up in the garden on the clothesline and it was fun to see her grandma scold Kuma after he snatched a towel and took off running around the garden with it.

Which brings her to now; Jennie is sitting on the ground, plucking flowers in her grandma’s garden. She has these massive daffodils and Jennie has no idea if she’s allowed to touch them but she thinks there’s no way she’s going to get mad at her.

She loves her way too much.

Her eyes drift to the gate over and over, her heart anxiously hoping to see Y/n appear there so they can fucking talk and she can calm down because she’s going to have a heart attack if she doesn’t know what’s happening soon.

The rational part of her brain knows that the only reason Y/n still hasn’t shown up by the time the sun starts to set is because she’s still at work, but that tiny, paranoid section of said brain is currently freaking out.

A week isn’t enough to properly get to know a person; what if Jennie was completely wrong about Y/n?

What if her inability to make wise decisions is going to come and bite her in the ass once again?

She glances at her watch, sees the clockhand nearing seven.

Y/n should be here by now.