Chapter 45

And if our love is wrong then I don't ever wanna be right:

Y/n is quick to hold Jennie when the younger buries her face in her hands and promptly starts sobbing in the middle of the restaurant.

She barely has any time to process what’s happening, that Joohyun is here, and Seulgi too, and Jennie still feels like it was yesterday when they took both girls to the bus station in the middle of the night. 

Basically helping them escape the hell that was the village.

And here they are, looking pretty as ever, healthy, and more than anything, happy, and Jennie is just so glad they’re okay, that they’re still together-

The emotions just all spill over.

Jennie whines in embarrassment, hears Y/n make a concerned sound and some rustling from in front of them, and then suddenly someone pulls her into a warm hug.

She smells something floral and sweet, a perfume that isn’t exactly familiar, but Joohyun is familiar, her arms small but strong around Jennie’s shoulders. Joohyun coos at her and chuckles wetly when Jennie lets out something between a sob and laugh and wraps her own arms around her.

“Joohyun,” She mumbles, her fingers carding through her hair. “Shit, I can’t believe- you’re here. What- Since when?”

She pulls away from the hug and ruffles Jennie’s hair, trying to distract from her own tears. She’s wearing a soft jumper, her cheeks rosy; her skin has lost it’s tan, instead reminding Jennie of the snow outside. “We don’t live here, Jennie. We came here to see you. Y/n helped us, obviously.”

Jennie sniffles, her eyes flickering to Seulgi who smiles shyly at her from where she’s hugging Y/n; her hair is lighter, almost like she dyed it. She then looks at Y/n in question.

Y/n sighs and shrugs. “I’ve been keeping in touch with them. We see each other every now and then. I thought instead of telling you how they’re doing I’d just bring you guys together.”

Jennie then sits down when Joohyun tells her to, Y/n sitting close to her, which Jennie is thankful for. She’s not sure how much Joohyun and Seulgi know about them, but she doesn’t have to wonder for too long; Y/n takes her hand and twines their fingers together again; she’s not showing off, but she’s not trying to hide it their when she places them in her lap, both girls following the action with knowing smiles on their faces.

Joohyun then looks at Jennie and raises an eyebrow. “Seems like a lot has changed, huh?”

Jennie blushes, so aware of all the eyes on her, especially Y/n’s warm gaze on the side of her face. She snuggles into the older a little more and sees Y/n smile to herself from the corners of her eyes. “Yeah, I guess so. I’m so glad you two are okay. I mean-you are, right?”

Joohyun turns to look at Seulgi, and Jennie feels like she’s invading on a private moment, watching Joohyun’s face soften completely as Seulgi offers her girlfriend a warm smile. “We’re okay, yeah.” 

“Wow, okay. Uhm. I don’t even know where to start. Where do you live? What do you do? I feel so lost.” Jennie takes a deep breath. “I’m kinda really overwhelmed right now.”

The other three laugh and when Jennie turns to look at Y/n, the older just shakes her head, her eyes fond, and she brings her hand to Jennie’s face to brush the last tear from her cheek.

Jennie almost whines, unable to stop herself from leaning into the touch, and she hears Y/n sigh, feels her pull Jennie closer to her by the hand where they’re still holding on to each other.