"You coming or are you going to watch the movie from there?"

Jennie snaps out of it, blushing at her own thought, and pretends not to see the smug smirk Y/n gives her as she makes her way over. Jennie sits down sideways on the couch, leans against Y/n's chest who wraps her arm around Jennie's torso and lets Jennie play with her fingers.

They feed each other popcorn, and make little comments about the movie here and there while they watch a bunch of superheroes try and save the world.

They don't bring up what happened earlier, even though Y/n still keeps glancing at her as if to check if she's fine.

And Jennie is fine.

She really is.

She's been over Hyuna for a long time now, but she guesses that just because a wound has healed and scarred, doesn't mean you can't re-open it and make it bleed again, which is what happened today.

Hyuna tried to hurt her again, tried to dig into that same wound she managed to inflict years ago, but she doesn't know that Jennie grew thicker skin since the last time they saw each other, so it'll need a lot more than that to cut through it now.

And yet...

Jennie feels her chest constrict, her throat tightening a little as unpleasant thought start brewing in her mind.

Despite all of that, Jennie worries.

A sick, cruel part of her, worries, that Y/n might start to think about this whole thing Jennie and Hyuna had.

Might start to ask herself why Hyuna left Jennie, that Jennie is actually pretty flawed, and that Y/n deserves better, and that she will one day wake up and just have enough of Jennie, like Hyuna did, and that she will leave Jennie, just like Hyuna did.

Y/n brushes her thumb over Jennie's wrist, and Jennie tries to focus back on the movie, where Tom Holland is fading into dust, and she usually cries every time that scene comes up, but she's too distracted for it right now.

"Hey," Y/n whispers, gently tapping her palm. "You with me?"

Jennie flinches, and Y/n stops her motions. She reaches for the remote and pauses the movie, and Jennie curses herself for giving herself away like that. "Hey, why'd you pause-"

Y/n makes Jennie look at her, holding Jennie's chin. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You seem a little out of it, that's all."

Jennie sighs and shakes her head. "I'm just overthinking shit again. I'm sorry. I promise I'm okay."

"What are you thinking about?" Y/n is looking at her so gently that Jennie's fears from a moment ago come back like a massive wave, making her heart race.

"Nothing!"

Y/n sighs. "Jennie-"

"Dontleaveme."

"What?" Y/n freezes next to her, looking at her with wide eyes. "What-"

"What?" Jennie interrupts, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

Y/n angrily shakes her head. "What the fuck, Jennie? Is this because of that asshole?" Y/n frowns and watches Jennie sit up and turn on the couch so she can see her properly. "Jennie."

"I'm not comparing you to her," Jennie mumbles and averts her eyes. "I don't know why I said that. I'm being stupid. Ignore me."

"I'm not ignoring you." Y/n shakes her head. "Look at me, Jen."