"I can imagine, yeah."

"So you also understand why I'm having a hard time just letting you into our group."

"Yeah, I do."

"Are you going to do anything about it?"

Y/n clears her throat. "All I can do is prove to you that I really care about Jennie. So if you could give me a chance to do that, that would be nice."

"I don't give second chances."

"If I screw up, you're welcome to kick my ass." Y/n sighs and averts her eyes for a moment, until Jennie squeezes her hand, and Y/n turns to look at her, the tension bleeding out from her shoulders.

The table is silent for a moment, before Roseanne suddenly picks her beer up and clears her throat.

"The only reason I was being a dickhead is cause I care about this shawty." She points at Jennie. "And kicking your ass will be the nicest thing I'll do to you if you do her wrong."

"Alright, can we not?" Jennie snorts. "I'm a grown girl, okay? I can take care of myself. I do bench presses."

The other three look at Jennie, and then they laugh, and that's that.

Roseanne even smiles at Y/n at some point.

And just like that, Y/n becomes part of their group, and Jennie's heart feels ten times lighter.

-

Over the next weeks, Y/n hangs out with them more often, and Jennie feels like Roseanne and her actually get along pretty well. They're both rather introverted, and they both love playing video games, so sometimes Jennie gets back home from classes to find her best friend and girlfriend yelling over some silly video game.

It's heart warming, seeing her friends accept her girlfriend with open arms like that, despite the rocky start they had.

Y/n and her hang out with Taehyung a few times, and go out to the cinema with Joohyun and Seulgi.

While things aren't perfect, they're certainly better, and it's almost too good to be true.

Jennie simply tries to think of what Jisoo told her that night.

-

But... things were too good to be true.

It's January now.

Two weeks ago, they celebrated New Year's Eve.

Her friends, Y/n, even Seulgi and Joohyun, they all went to a party that was thrown by this rich girl from Roseanne's college. It was nice. They all got pretty drunk, and things got a little tense when Jisoo started getting all up in Jennie's space, and it was fun, cause they were drunk and dancing and everyone was having fun.

Y/n though? Not so much.

Joohyun looked like she really wanted to throw her drink in her face for her sulking in the corner like that and looking like she really wanted to kick Jisoo in her ass.

Jisoo found it amusing, and she kept teasing Y/n further, until Y/n really didn't play along anymore.

What Jennie found out that night is, that jealous Y/n, equals in possessive Y/n, so she found herself pressed against the wall of a random bedroom ten minutes before midnight, Y/n sucking a massive bruise into her neck that would be visible to everyone, practically marking her.

Maybe Jennie should've hated her for that smug look on her face, but it really just made her love Y/n that much more.

It's a Saturday.