Chapter 10

I covered my mouth with my palm and yawned small.

"We've already talked about it."

The regular rattle of the carriage slowly struck the water.

"I wish the count would bring the child back soon."

I didn't check Ricardo's face.

I was just tired and sleepy, so I thought it would be nice to sleep like this.

When I get home, I'll untie all these cumbersome dresses and accessories, and take a nap buried in an excessively fluffy bed.

* * *

"This is Matthias Juan."

I was greeted by a man in a daze.

I had plans to go out again today, so I thought Pascal would come, but it was this man who showed up.

"Guardian Juan."

There is something similar in appearance and tone to Pascal, so I guessed he would be a knight.

I must have guessed right.

Lord Juan nodded, asked when I would go out, and walked away.

"The count must have fired Sir Pascal."

Sarah murmured melancholy.

"Dismissal?"

"Yes. Sir Pascal left his wife yesterday and left her alone. That must have upset the count."

If you think about it like that, wouldn't you have left me even if you disappeared?

Should I fire Sarah, too?

"I avoided my seat because I was afraid the lady would be uncomfortable, but Lord Pascal didn't do that, so I can't help it."

Sarah made an urgent excuse, perhaps because she felt my gaze.

She turned away from her, who was busy making excuses while looking around.

"What about the nanny?"

"It's in the garden. It's not that hot, but I'm afraid my son will have a hard time."

The nanny's son was a gardener.

Thanks to the maid to see him digging in a heavy sweat, the window toward the garden became exceptionally clean.

"By the way, a letter came from the Rothette mansion."

Sarah tore open the letter.

The contents written in colorful cursive were difficult to read, but in short, it was like this.

"Come at afternoon tea time. I think I heard about the dinner party. "It's hard for me to prepare by myself, so if you have anything to help me, please tell me anytime."

I was going to hire a cook today.

I don't mean to disparage the chef's skills at Linton's mansion, but I thought it wouldn't be easy for her to handle many dishes alone.

Edgar was not interested in housework, and Linton's mansion was somewhat cluttered because Cecilia was suffering from the frustration of love that she experienced every time.

The maid was struggling, but it wouldn't be easy because both owners were distracted by different things.

"Good. Ask Countess Rossett to recommend a cook."

Sarah said.

"The Countess of Rothette is famous for her wide social skills. Before Count Rossett's death, I often held breakfasts, tea parties, picnics, and dinners."