Chapter 7

It was then that Edgar entered the drawing room.

"Madam?"

He alternated between me and Ricardo with a puzzled expression.

"You're here."

"Count Linton, you have a very good wife. I want it."

Edgar frowned. However, considering the identity of the other person, he/she forced a smile to his/her mouth.

"I was lucky. Cecilia, thank you for entertaining guests on my behalf."

It was a soft word, but the content was a congratulatory order.

Ricardo caught me trying to get out.

"Since the couple has gathered together, I would appreciate it if your wife could sign it."

I saw Edgar.

"I asked my wife, but why are you looking at the count? Count Linton, I heard that the count has a delicate and friendly personality, but is he strict with his wife?"

Edgar's lips fluttered up.

"No way. Cecilia, there's nothing to get out of here. Sit down."

I sat down on the road with a hint of tact.

After Edgar signed it, Ricardo held out his pen.

"Use this."

Edgar, who was about to hand me a pen, froze.

"Rod Ricardo is kind."

Edgar uttered a smiley face, but cold.

Ricardo returned and Edgar remained silent for a while.

"What are you doing?"

The words that came out breaking the strangling silence were interrogation.

"What?"

"You're going to rebel like this?"

He spoke angrily, but I really didn't know what he was angry about.

"No Ricardo Bastian."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"He's an illegitimate child. It would be an illusion if I knew that even the ingredients of my origin would be washed just because I inherited the Bastian duke."

I realized at last. Edgar thought I was trying to seduce Ricardo and get back at him.

"It's not like that."

"The historic Duke of Bastian is over now. I can't believe I'm succeeding as a illegitimate child. It was a family that could aim for the throne if it did well, but only things to fall from now on."

Edgar bragged about his words with despicable satisfaction as if he had been persuaded.

"You may have a good appearance, but you can't hide your true nature." It's worth knowing just by looking at you talking informally or spitting out something."

When Ricardo was there just now, he kept smacking his pride, but as soon as he disappeared, his attitude changed completely.

"I warn you, don't tarnish Count Linton's honor."

He said proudly, playing with the theater actress.

"If you live quietly as if you are dead, we can live as a pretty happy couple. Isn't that what you want?"

He turned his pen between his fingers and said.

"I don't have to make it illegitimate like the Duke of Bastian, so I'm relieved about that."