Chapter 5

I opened Cecilia's diary. I flicked through a page full of letters and found a blank page.

- Countess Cecilia Linton.

He wrote his name and drew a straight line on the later Countess Linton.

- Cecilia.

"Cecilia."

You shouldn't be naive to believe Edgar will keep his promise.

"Your wish came true."

No matter how quiet and breathless I lived, if he found the love he wanted to devote his life to someday, that was it.

"So there's no debt."

I had to accumulate my fortune. You have to save your fortune so that you can live alone without him.

My mom was kicked out without getting a penny from my dad.

The guilty spouse was the father, but the law was not strict.

Even if he was sentenced to pay alimony and child support, it was enough if he didn't do it.

Is there a concept of alimony here, too? I should ask when the nanny comes.

The reason why I invited the nanny was to ask about these sensitive matters comfortably.

Sarah said Cecilia was the one who had been in charge since she came to Linton's mansion.

According to Cecilia's diary, her marriage has been less than two years.

It means that Sarah became Cecilia's maid just that much.

Even so, Cecilia would not have been served much because she refused to be the Countess.

The nanny was a little more reliable than Sarah, who spent a little time together.

At least she was genuinely sad when Cecilia collapsed.

"I'll give him a job, too."

No matter how much the nanny cared for Cecilia, she would not be valued more than her own child, so she should have a leash to control her.

I felt skeptical about the twisted self who didn't trust others.

If it was really Cecilia, I wouldn't have had the terrible idea of using the nanny I raised.

I was a creature who fulfilled Cecilia's wish and lost all her original affection.

"I stopped loving Edgar, but I lost everyone's affection."

Cecilia has me in her body. Even if I look like Cecilia on the outside, I don't think my essence has changed.

"I'm sorry about that"

Love is a one-time feeling that will cool down and disappear someday disappear. But even for that moment, there was no such thing as a person who loved me.

I was a burden to my dad, and I was a traitor to my mom.

Sometimes there was a good reason, but when they found out about my gloomy nature, they quickly ran away.

"It's okay if you get used to it."

It was my habit to say that it was OK. It was okay. If it was a momentary emotion, it was better not to take it from the beginning.

The mother who lost her love couldn't stand it.

"Really, it's pretty good."

I kept making excuses to Cecilia in the mirror. Even though I know there's no more Cecilia there.