Chapter 9

The tea had already cooled down to a good temperature to drink, but there was nothing else to do.

"If you get a precious ticket for free, you can use it. I'll pay for it."

Edgar didn't suggest it twice either.

"Apparently, Countess Linton was weak and could hardly go out?"

An arrow flew at me out of nowhere.

I looked at the swirling teacup and looked up in amazement.

"Yes, the count was very considerate because my health was not good."

I don't know why Edgar is angry, but I hope he doesn't bring that anger into the house.

It was a no-no to be bothered anymore.

"Is your health better now that you're preparing for the dinner?"

Ricardo asked one after another.

"I feel better. Thank you for your concern."

Edgar's face was getting wrinkled.

"It hasn't been long since I've known him, but I feel like I'll be good friends with Countess Linton."

Ricardo and I have known each other for less than a week ago.

It was only the second time I'd met face to face today.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to give you a ticket for your performance."

"Cecilia,"

At last, Edgar spoke out.

"I'm not fit for a long outing yet, Rod Ricardo."

Elody looked at Edgar with a startled look at his voice as if he was holding back his anger. So did I.

"It would be nice if you could come, Edgar."

Elody whispered softly. But the table around the four of us was small, so her voice was delivered to everyone without difficulty

Ricardo snorted.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Elody seemed unaware of her mistake, perhaps because of the tension.

"I didn't mean to laugh at you. However, Countess Linton, the full wife, calls Count Linton by name, and Miss Elody thinks I still have a lot to learn."

Edgar shot Ricardo fiercely.

"Elodie and I are close friends."

"Of course it is. a friend who is in desperate need of no social distinction."

Ricardo solemnly agreed.

"I also believe that Count Linton and Miss Elody are very healthy friends."

I got tired.

I was not happy that Elody kept looking at me sorry.

Her sorriness was a generous sympathy, knowing that her position was far superior to mine.

Would it have been easier to bear if she had a brazen personality?

It was as if I had become a tactless person who had stepped between Edgar and Elody.

Or, if their relationship continued even before marriage, it was not a very wrong hypothesis.

"I'll just give you a ticket. It would be an honor if your wife would come to see my performance."

Elody appealed desperately. The hands gathered in front of the chest seemed to represent the desperate feeling.

"El."