Chapter 3

"It's all right. I don't care. By the way, there's a little problem."

The woman glistened her eyes, asking for anything.

"I drank poison."

"Yes, you did. It was already the sixth time. How lucky I was to be fooled by the bad con artists. Otherwise, your wife wouldn't be here."

She retorted quietly in her complaints, not in her complaints.

Until the fifth time, I might have been deceived by a con man, but not the last time.

Cecilia would have planned very carefully.

"Maybe it's because of that, my memory is empty in places."

"What?"

I put my finger on the lips of the woman who looked surprised.

The woman quickly lowered her voice.

"There and there, I mean, how......?"

"I know I'm Cecilia. Married to the count. I even know who the Countess of Rothette is."

These were the only names in the diary.

"Other than that...?"

"Yes, not at all. I don't even remember your name."

The woman's mouth shut in bewilderment.

"Can you tell me?"

"I'm Sarah. I've been taking care of your wife since she came to Linton's house."

After a moment of embarrassment and pause, she continued cautiously. He looked worried.

"Sara. I saw someone standing in front of my door yesterday, do you know who she is?"

"Oh, it must have been Jane. I heard that Jane has been working in this mansion for a long time, although your wife is a new maid."

Perhaps the shock subsided a little, Sarah sat down in earnest, saying she would tell me everything I knew.

"I don't know much either. But as far as I know, I'll tell you what you must know."

"Yes, thank you."

Sarah's story didn't end until tea time was invited by Countess Rossett.

"Let's do the rest when we get back."

"Yes!"

It was awkward for others to change their clothes and touch their hair.

Cecilia with light makeup was very pretty.

"We have a carriage ready, so you can ride it right away!"

Yesterday, the doorknob, which was tightly closed, worked smoothly.

I sighed once and took a step out of the room.

* * *

What should I say about the Rocket mansion that arrived in a carriage? It wasn't as brilliant as I thought.

I would have opened my mouth if I were myself, but I wasn't as surprised as I thought it might be after seeing Linton's mansion.

Count Linton and Count Rossett have the same status in terms of the difference in the mansion, but there seems to be a noticeable gap between these two families.

"Cecilia."

There was a young woman whom I followed the guide. She seemed to be Countess Rossett, by the looks of her eyes.

By all accounts, Cecilia did not appear to be the age to have a daughter of one age.

"Madame."

I bent my knees slightly based on the knowledge of movies that were sometimes given for free on television.