what?

Riley's POV

I had just finished shutting the refrigerator door when Sophia came in and suddenly started apologizing for only the lord knows what for now.

"I'm so sorry baby for accusing you of that last night. If I would've known that girl was seeing someone, I wouldn't have questioned you. Forgive me please."

My head whipped around faster than a horse would when it's reins were being pulled. "What now?" I asked her, clearly clueless and not processing a word that was said.

She moved a little closer to me and then showed me Savannah's profile and new recent post. Which was different than the one I looked at last night so this was new new.

The only word or sound that came out of my mouth was "hm." It didn't make sense. She hasn't seen anyone since me. Wow. I guess she seriously has moved on. Either she never saw my text or didn't bother to reply to it because she got busy or something meaning she doesn't know I am coming this weekend, with my girlfriend- to meet my momma.

I am incredibly nervous. Savannah has always been the only girl my mother liked or approved me with. Never with anyone else. Back in high school, I invited a girl over for a project while Savannah and I were on break and all she said to me was, "Nope, not here. Not in my house." So we were forced to the library. I can't imagine what she has to say.

riley green (rileyduckman added a post)

liked by thomasrhettakins, larryfleet, sophiasansone, parkermccollum, and 400,587 others

tagged: @/sophiasansone

rileyduckman here's sophia for yall

view all 1,004 comments

Riley's POV

Throwback to when Sav and Riley first met:

My heart had stopped when I first saw her. I walked out of the Feed Store that was right around the corner from my house and was about to get into my buddy's truck when she had hopped out of her's and walked into the store. My mama always talked about this girl who was the daughter of one of her high school friends. She always told me that we would meet one day and hopefully get married because she knew we would be perfect.

But mama didn't tell me she was perfect herself.

She had just gotten out of her truck when I saw that she had on a pair of 7's Jeans that hugged her legs perfectly and complimented her behind nicely. The black tank top made her tan skin pop which paired with her blonde hair. I saw her and immediately knew she was the one mama was talking about. Everything about her was perfect- the boots on her feet, trucker hat on her head, and sunglasses that I knew were hiding her gorgeous blue eyes.

Mama was right. Again. She was the one, now I had to figure out how to talk to her.

***Back to present***