CLEAN UP

CHAPTER 22

JAKEXHAEWON

-HAEWON'S APARTMENT

HAEWON'S POV

It was bright and early once Haewon's alarm started to ring. She groans and reaches for her phone to stop the alarm. Haewon's off day was fridays. She left like she deserved three day weekends after taking back to back classes over the week.

But today, she had a whole day planned since she had to participate in the clean up. It a volunteering opportunity for kids on campus that needed it. She got out of bed and went to the bathroom to start her day.

Haewon was big on following a schedule, even her morning routine had to be followed to a tee so that she doesn't get thrown off. Haewon is an outstanding student and a good colleague overall, HU personally scouted her because of their school accomplishments over the years. Luckily for them, HU was her dream school.

She picked out her clothes and started to make a quick and simple breakfast before heading out. Haewon put on a notes lecture on her phone to listen to while she enjoyed her morning toast. She took a bite of her food as she put her hair up in a pony tail.

After finishing her breakfast she grabbed her canvas bag and left the house. Haewon comes from the lower end of a middle class family. She had to work for everything she had. Her housing and tuition was fully paid for. She's studying well in hopes of taking care of family someday.

The room the shuttle that leads straight to campus. This was a plus since she was still saving up for a car. The shuttle soon stops where she needed to be. She decided to come a little earlier so she wouldn't hurry. Haewon sat at the bench to enjoy a bit of her time by herself while waiting.

JAKE'S POV

Jake woke up since he had to volunteer today. After that he would have to go to practice. Jake don't have troubles getting up in the morning since he was actually a morning person. He got in his car and drove to campus to make it just in time for the clean up.

Not a lot of students take Friday classes so the campus actually felt calm. He too the garden shortcut to make it to where their supposed to meet. Jake checks his watch to see he had a bit of time left. He didn't realize how fast he moved. He thought he might as well get a quick bite to eat.

As he was about to walk away, he sees Haewon sitting on the bench all alone. Jake smiles to himself and saw this as another opportunity to get close to her. She runs up to where she sat and greeted her.

"Yo, here for the clean up too?" Jake asked Haewon as she was on her phone.

Haewon looks up from her phone to see who it was. "Yeah I am." She sees Jake and his cheeky smile.

"Oh cool, can I sit next to you while we wait?" He asked.

"Sure." She said in reply with a monotone voice.

"Beautiful day huh?" Jake said to start the conversation.

"Yup." She answered dryly.

"You have class after this?" He asked.

"Nope." She replied.

"Oh." Jake felt a little defeated.

There was a brief silence between the two as Jake tries to think of something to say to keep the conversation flowing.

"Wh-" he quickly gets cut off.

"You know we don't have to talk, right?" She turned to him as she cut him off.

"Damn Haewon, you're kinda mean sometimes." He said half joking.

"I'm not mean, we can just wait in silence." Haewon said bluntly.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure you just don't like me." Jake confessed while still keeping the joke going.

"Why does everyone have to like you?" Haewon said with a slight irritated tone.

"Everyone likes me." Jake said confidently.

"Not everyone." She said referring to herself.

Their conversation was quickly cut short as other students looked for Haewon to check in for volunteering. She stood up and quickly helped the other people. Jake saw her demeanor change from a harsh attitude to a sudden warm person.

He just shook it off for now since they had to start cleaning up. Haewon's friends also participated at the clean up to show her support, and also they wanted the hours. Jake was very quick to help everyone who needed it and made the whole time enjoyable for everyone. Haewon took notice how he was comfortable with everyone even though they just met. For a spoiled entitled guy, he was pretty down to earth.

As the clean up ended, Jake helped Haewon finish up as everyone completed their time. Haewon's friends, Lily and Jinni, helped her out.

"Haewonnniieeee let's hang out later, we know you don't have classes on fridays so you can't say no!" Lily said out loud.

"Yeah but I still have homework to do." Haewon tried telling her.

"No, Forreal. You need to come out more. You work too hard." Jinni added.

Jake over heard their conversation and walked over to the girl with some of the equipment from the clean up.

"There's a movie showing tonight downtown. Are you guys pulling up for that?" Jake asked innocently.

Haewon looked at him as he spoke.

"No way! I always wanted to go to that! We're definitely going." Lily exclaimed.

"Me too!" Jinni said as she jumped.

"Guys..I really can't-" Haewon tried to oppose.

"No you're going. We're not letting your college experience be boring. It's just a movie." Lily argued.

Haewon sighed since she know she wasn't gonna win.

Jake chuckles to see Haewon be easily swayed by her friends. "I'll see you guys there then." He said before leaving. "Thanks again prez." He said turned before actually leaving.

Haewon was in disbelief that she would be hanging out with the school's biggest playboy that night.

END OF CHAPTER 22

AN:
Thank you for reading ❤️❤️