Rumor wildfire, and shocking discovery.

(Y/N) pov:

You have just woken up and finished your preparations for the day. You makes your way outside and continue with your daily routine of waking up Bernadetta, but you notice several people looking in your and Bernadetta's direction.

(Y/N): "Hey Bernie?"

Bernadetta: "Yeah?"

(Y/N): "Have you noticed that a lot of people are looking at us?"

Bernadetta: "Yeah and it's making me kinda nervous."

They make their way to the cafeteria and get their breakfast, soon followed by Edelgard, Hubert, and Dorothea.

Edelgard: "Morning (Y/N). Morning Bernadetta. I assume you both heard the rumors?"

You and Bernadetta seem confused.

(Y/N): "What rumors?"

Hubert: "They are not rumors necessarily. However it is the story that you shared with us. It seems that a lot of people's views of the church are wavering."

Edelgard: "It's due to the fact that Count Varley is in charge of distributing information and and reinforcing the teachings and influence of the Church. With the story you shared with us it made the people question why the church would work with someone so vile."

Hubert: "It is unclear if one who sat with us shared the story or if one was eavesdropping in on our conversation, but some traveling merchants got wind of it and apparently set off towards the Adrestian Empire."

Edelgard: "If it's true that they got word of your story, then it's only a matter of time before Count Varley himself catches wind of it."

All conversations seem to end instantly as Seteth enters the cafeteria looking angered. He looks across the cafeteria and spots you.

Seteth: "(Y/N) (L/N)! YOU'RE COMING WITH ME NOW!"

You get up.

(Y/N): "Don't wait for me. This could take a while."

You follow Seteth who leads you to Lady Rhea's audience chamber. Her expression is blank. Alois is there as well with soldiers.

Rhea: "Would you all please wait outside. I need to talk with Seteth, Alois, and (Y/N) for a moment."

The soldiers all head outside and close the door behind them.

You stand there nervously as Lady Rhea stares at you blankly.

Rhea: "(Y/N). Do you know why you're here today?"

(Y/N): "Is it because of the story going around?"

Rhea: "Yes."

She stands up and walks towards the large stained glass window behind her and looks outside it.

Rhea: "As you know the church has quite a significant effect on all of Fódlan, so it's very important that we keep a good reputation."

(Y/N): "I understand."

Rhea: "Well because of your story the church's influence over the people of Fódlan is shaken up."

(Y/N): "In my defense the people I told it to were supposed to be the only ones who I intended to share it with."

Rhea: "That may be, but that doesn't change the fact that the people are questioning the church."

Seteth: "Intentional or not, even as a well respected individual within the Monastery that doesn't give you immunity to punishment. If it were up to me you'd be executed immediately."