𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑃𝑎𝑠𝑡

TW// not liking yourself, slight crying, talk of past abuse

Tommy's POV
the next day

All of us; I don't have to specify who, you should know; were all in the sitting room, just chilling. Neither I nor Ranboo spoke about our conversation yesterday.

There was a sudden yet soft knock at the door.

"I've got it!" Tubbo chirped, hoping up. He went over and opened the door. "Oh! Hey, Puffy!" He greeted, letting her in. I looked up and she smiled at me. I gave her a small smile back and looked away.

"Nikki and I have been doing some research and stuff, and I think we found out why Tommy isn't an animal and instead, well, whatever you want to call him. No offense, of course!" She said, trying to sound as polite as she could. I glanced over at Ranboo, and quickly looked away when I saw him giving me a saddened look.

"Well, come sit!" Phil said. "Thank you." Puffy smiled.

I was sat next to Clay on the sofa. Puffy sat in a chair by herself, facing to where she was looking towards us.

"So, Nikki and I have done lots of research. She would be here too, but she's busy." Puffy said. "Before you ask, no, there isn't anything wrong with you." I dryly chuckled under my breath.

"So, everything we found said basically the same thing, that sums up to two words; your past." She said. I tiled my head, confused. "My past?" I asked. She nodded.

"Basically, when a human enters our world, they immediately start to change. It just takes time for it to start taking affect on you. When a human changes, they become two animals. One slightly random but sort of based on their personality and humor and stuff, and one that contributes to your life before coming to this world." She said.

"Dream, or Clay, as you call him, is part Fennec Fox, because those usually seem to be very energetic and such, as he is." She said. "And his other animal, which I assume is a type of bird because of his wings and feathers, comes from his past before here, where he felt happy and free."

"How do you know that's why I'm part bird?" Clay asked. "I read a whole book on what the different animals mean." Puffy said. Clay nodded.

"So...what does my animal mean? And why is my other half not animal?" I asked.

"Your raccoon half come from you being a very fun yet mischievous (in a good way) person on the inside." Puffy said. "And my devil things?"

"I read something that said that when there is no animal that can represent just how good or bad of a life the person had, that they will turn into either an angel or a devil depending of if their life was outstandingly amazing, or outrageously awful." She sighed. "I guess you had a pretty shitty life, huh?" She added.

I slumped back onto the sofa, blinking a few times.

"My...My life was that bad..? It was so awful that I can't even be a bad animal? Like a Boar? Or- Or a snake or something?" I asked no one in particular.

It was silent for a moment.

"I- I had it that bad off..?" I asked, looking up at everyone's blurry figures form the tears in my eyes.

"I think that...your father was so amazing before Dream disappeared that his other half was almost an angel from it, and that's why he's a bird. And your father got so bad so fast that it just made you a devil." Puffy said.

I pulled my knees up to my chest, putting my head between them.

"I hate him. I hate him so much. It's his fault I'm like this. His fault that I'm so weird." I said to myself.

"Tommy, we talked about this yesterday," Ranboo said, "You aren't weird. You're perfect. You can't let that reason why you're a devil dictate the rest of your life and make you a miserable person. That doesn't matter anymore. You're happy here, you're safe here, and that's what matters." He said.

It was silent for a moment. I picked my head up, slightly smiling.

"I appreciate that, Ran." I said.

"Aww, that's a cute nickname! I should call you Boo!" Tubbo chirped. "Tubbo, I swear to the gods, if you call be Boo." Ranboo laughed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

I felt myself being pulled into a hug from the side by Clay. I laid my head on his shoulder, sighing.

"Personally, I think you look very cool." He whispered.

I smiled.

"Thanks, Clay."

Words: 785