𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟

TW// cussing, flash backs?, trauma, yelling, talk of abuse, crying

Tommy's POV

Before I knew it, I looked up, and spotted Phil's home. When we walked through the front door, Phil began to speak.

"You can't do that, Tommy." Phil said.

That's not what I thought he said, though.

"What the hell's wrong with you, Tom? You can't do that!" Is what I heard. I also heard my fathers voice, not Phil's.

"What..?" I asked, looking over at Phil. "You've gotta be more careful in town. Someone could have seen you." Phil said. But no, that's not what he said. "Never go into town again! What if someone saw you and called the police?" Is what he actually said.

"I'm- I'm sorry..." I stepped away from Phil some. "There's no need to be sorry, Tommy. At least you're safe." "Yeah, you should be sorry, Tom! You better be lucky the police aren't at our door taking me to jail!"

Tears welled in my eyes. If he knows what he's doing can get him put in jail, why does he do it?

"T-Tommy?" Phil gently...no...forcefully took my arm. I ripped my arm away from him and backed into a nearby table, knocking over a few things. "S-Shit. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." I said, picking up the things I knocked over, putting them back in their spots.

"Tommy, it's alright, calm down. I just- I shouldn't have touched you." Phil said. I swallowed, exhaling shakily.

"I- I'm, uhm, tired. I'm gonna go." I said. I wasn't tired at all. "Alright, then, sleep well." Phil said. I nodded, and quickly scurried off.

I turned a corner down the hall, and bumped into the man who's name is Wilbur, I believe.

"Sorry." I said quickly, waking past him. "You're uh- you're good." He replied.

I sped into the room I was staying in, and closed the door. I went over and tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. My mind was racing and I couldn't calm down, so I just cried.

Phil's POV

Wilbur walked down the hallway, bumping into Tommy, who quickly apologized and sped off.

"What- What was that about?" Wilbur laughed under his breath, walking into the sitting room where Tubbo and I stood. "I'm not too sure." I replied. "He's just sensitive, I'm pretty sure. Probably a human thing." Techno said, walking down the hall behind Wilbur.

"No, I don't think so." I said. Techno raised an eyebrow at me. "Don't give me that look. I'm serious. I think there's something more to it than him just being sensitive." "Ok, like what?" Techno asked.

"I think...I think his father abused him." I said, silence filling the room.

"What makes you think that?" Tubbo asked. "I mean, he shows major symptoms of trauma. He flips when we do as little as move at the wrong speed. And he gets nervous. A lot. He gets really nervous when we're just speaking to him, and he shakes, if you haven't noticed. His head shakes. And his hands too." I said.

Techno sighed.

"Yeah, I've noticed." He said.

"Another thing that makes me think that, is the way he speaks when he talks about his father. His voice wobbles like he's scared to talk about him. And he said having people behind him makes him nervous, but I guess that's sort of normal for a lot of people." I thought for a moment.

"And remember when he first woke up? He moved his arm, so I told him not to move it as I reached for him and he flipped. And when I told him I wasn't gonna harm him, he said 'that's what everyone says.'" I said.

"And he's so malnourished but he won't eat anything." Tubbo budded in. "And he looked scared when you offered him food. Like he afraid to accept it." He added.

"If you're still not convinced then I don't know what else to tell you to make it believable. I mean, are the signs not obvious that he's been neglected and abused?" I asked.

"No, they're obvious." Techno sighed. "Very." Wilbur said.

"Should we talk to him about it?" Tubbo asked. "I don't know. I wouldn't want to send him into a panic attack or something while he's trying to explain. And, plus, he probably doesn't want to talk about it anyways." I said. Tubbo nodded.

Later, the four of us went to our rooms, and went to sleep.

Words: 750