𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝐼𝑛 𝑇𝑜𝑤𝑛

TW// cussing, ¿extreme pain? & homophobia mention

Tommy's POV

Tubbo and I walked back down the hallway, and I could faintly hear Phil, Nikki, and Quackity's conversation.

"You said Techno trusts him because he's been through a lot...what do you mean by that?" Nikki asked. I stopped walking to listen, so Tubbo did too. "He's just- He had it really rough before he got here. It's not really my place to tell, though." Phil said. "All I'll say, is that his father wasn't the best." He added. "Oh..." Nikki whispered.

I bit my lip at the mention of my father. I didn't like to think about him.

"Since he's a human living, well, here...do you think he'll turn out like Dream? You know, instead of just becoming like the rest of us, he also got multiple different animal characteristics." Quackity said. "I don't- I don't know. I hope not."

Tubbo glanced at me with a nervous look before speaking, causing the three to stop and look.

"We're going, dad!" Tubbo yelled. "Alright, be careful!" Phil said back.

Soon after, we left.

"What- What did they mean?" I asked. "Hm?" Tubbo replied, acting clueless. "About that 'Dream' person. Were they once a human?" I asked. "I don't know what you mean." Tubbo continued to walk ahead of me. "Bullshit, you don't." I scoffed.

Tubbo sighed.

"Yes, Dream was once human. A lady in town, Puffy, found him half dead on a mountain while she was exploring. After some time of him being here, he stared to change. He got headaches a lot, as well as pain in his back. The pain got worse until one day, he woke in the night screaming from the pain. He grew Fennec fox ears and such, as well as feathery wings and feathers on his head." Tubbo said.

This but more humanized:

"Am...Am I gonna have that pain and turn into something?" I asked. "I don't know. Maybe." Tubbo said. "How did that happen to him?" "Well, we think the oxygen or stuff in the air may be different here than from the human world, and that as he adapted to it, over time, it started to morph him."

"Well...the air can't be that much different, I mean, if I were to climb back up that waterfall, I'd be back where humans are, right? It's not like I got teleported through a portal to another world." I nervously laughed. Tubbo didn't reply. "Right?" I asked.

"I think you did, man. You and Dream both. Phil, my dad, is I think the only person who can fly, and when he tried to go up past the waterfall, he said he felt like a pressure pushing him back towards the ground. Even when he started far away from the water, as he got closer, it pushed him down." Tubbo said. "I guess you were falling at a high enough speed that you broke through it or something. Or maybe it was just the fact that you were falling instead of going up. Not sure about Dream, though."