𝑅𝑎𝑖𝑛

TW// cussing, panicking, trauma & parental death mentions

Tommy's POV
two weeks later

I haven't left the house since that first time. I miss the fresh air and the sound of the bugs. I miss the feeling of the soft grass and squishy ground under my feet.

Over the last two weeks, I've gained a few pounds, but my ribs still show a lot. My arm and leg are both better, and my bruises have healed and can barely be seen.

And, if you're worried, Ranboo did get his hoodie back.

I was by myself in my room, listening to the soft pats of the rain on my window. It was one of those rains where the sun is still shining bright even as it rains. My favorite kind of rain. I stood up from my bed and headed out of the room, down the hallway, and towards the front door.

I quietly opened the door and stepped out onto the porch. I sat down on the last step going down, and listened to the rain with my eyes closed. I loved the smell of rain mixed with other nature smells. I held my hand out, letting it get wet as the rest of my body stayed under the roofs protection.

I sat like that for a long time. Eyes closed, ears open, small smile on my face. It was peaceful.

I heard a stick cracking and the sound of two voices. I looked up, seeing a girl with short, pink hair, who seemed to be part salmon, or maybe a siren, and a man with black hair and yellow duck wings. They spotted me almost as soon as I spotted them, and they paused.

We stared at each other for a few seconds before I finally moved. I slowly stood up, backing up the steps, not breaking eye contact. I slightly tripped on the top step, stumbling. I caught myself and quickly went back into the house.

"P-Phil?!" I asked in a panic. "Yeah, mate?" He replied as I walked into the kitchen where he was. His face dropped when he saw the panic on mine. "What happened?" He asked. "There's- I went outside for a bit and there's two people and they saw me and I didn't know what to do." I said quickly. Phil looked worried. "What did they look like?" He asked.

Before I could answer, there were a couple of knocks on the door.

"Or, I'll go see for myself." He said, walking off. I paced back and forth in the kitchen, biting my nails.

Phil's POV

I went over and opened the door, spotting Nikki and Quackity.

"O-Oh, uhm, hey, you two! What uh- What brings you here?" I asked. "We were worried because nobody has seen any of you in a couple of weeks, but, who- who was that? And...are they a human?" Nikki asked.

I looked back into the house. I could hear Tommy pacing.

"He, uhm, his name is Tommy. Yes, he's a human. Don't tell anybody that he's here." I said. "H-How? How did a human get here, and what is he doing in your house?" Quackity asked.

I sighed.

"Come inside. I'll explain." I said, stepping back for them to enter, which they did.

"How is Techno doing with this? I mean, doesn't he hate humans?" Nikki asked. "Yes, he does, but not this human. This one is completely harmless and he's been through a lot, so Techno trusts him." I said. "You two can sit down. I'll go get him."

I walked off back to the kitchen, seeing Tommy sitting on a stool, shaking slightly.

"I'm sorry, Phil. I shouldn't have gone outside. I'm sorry. Are they gonna hurt me?" He asked. "It's ok, don't apologize. No, they aren't gonna hurt you. Come with me." I said. He hesitantly stood up, and followed me back to the sitting room.

"Nikki, Quackity, this is Tommy." I introduced them. Nikki warmly waved, and Quackity just sort of sat there. When Nikki saw this, she forcefully elbowed him in the side, and motioned towards Tommy. "Ow! Oh- uhm- hi, there." He finally waved.

Tommy looked over at me, slight fear in his eyes as his hands still slightly shook.

"It's alright, mate. They're not gonna hurt you." I smiled. He slowly nodded, lightly waving at the two. "Can he speak?" Nikki asked. "Yes, he can, he's just really shy." I said.

"I'm not shy, I'm fucking traumatized." I heard him mumble under his breath, not knowing I heard him. I decided not to say anything, as did Nikki and Quackity. I think they heard him too.

"Come sit, Tommy." I said, sitting on the sofa. He sat in a chair by himself.

Tommy's POV

"How old are you? Thirteen?" Nikki asked. "I'm- I'm almost sixteen." I said. I guess I still look young because of my weight. "Ah, sorry." She apologized. I shrugged.

"Where'd you come from? Like, how'd you get here?" Quackity asked. I looked over at Phil, like a little kid looking at his mum in the doctors office when the doctor asks a question. "Tubbo and Ranboo found him. Or, heard him, I guess. You know that tall ass waterfall? Yeah, he fell down from that and Tubbo dragged him out of the water." Phil answered for me.

Nikki gasped.

"Oh, my! Are you ok?" She asked. I nodded. "How did you survive that?" I shrugged.

"He only got two injuries, believe it or not. Got a nasty cut on his leg and his arm popped out of place. Tubbo snapped it back all by himself." Phil said. Nikki grimaced. "Ow, that must have hurt." She said. "Mhm." I replied.

I heard footsteps approaching, and I turned my head to see Tubbo.

"Hey, dad! Can I go to Ranboo's house? I'll be back before dinner." He said. "Sure." Phil replied. "Thanks! Oh, hi, Nikki and Quackity!" Tubbo waved. "Wait- uh- you two- uhhh-" He now noticed what exactly was happening.

"Yes, Tubbo, they know about Tommy. Now run along." Phil said. "Can Tommy come with?" Tubbo asked. Phil sighed. "Yes, he can." He said. "Yes! Thanks, dad!"

"Do I uhm...need to cover up?" I asked. "Do you want to cover up?" Phil replied. I slightly nodded. "Ooh! I'm sure I've got something in my room or something. A hood, maybe." Tubbo said. "Follow me, Tommy!"

I slowly stood up and followed Tubbo to his room. He searched his closet before pulling out a cape type thing with bunny ears on the top.

 He searched his closet before pulling out a cape type thing with bunny ears on the top

"Here you go! Have this!" He tossed it to me. "Thanks." I said, sliding it over my head. It was very soft. "Where'd you get this?" I asked, wondering why he owned something like it.

"Ah, it was my mums. Gave it to me before she passed." He said. "O-Oh, I'm so sorry! I don't- I don't have to wear this, I can wear something else." I said. "Oh, no, it's ok! I don't mind, really! I don't wear it and it shouldn't sit in my closet collecting dust." He said. I nodded.

Soon after, we left his room.

Words: 1,200