Chapter 5: Regret? Maybe

Start from the beginning

Reiko:"..."

Arata:"...*Sigh* She...cheated on me." I said to her.

Reiko:"She...oh..." She merely responded with an oh.

Arata:"Look, I just wasn't enough for her okay? I...just need some alone time...Get things in order." I requested.

To be honest, I'm giving her an opportunity here. If I keep giving her subtle hints about me finally knowing about Rei's cheating, she'll be inclined to ask about the messages.

Reiko:"Umm...otouto....can I ask a question?" She requested.

Arata:"...What is it?" I asked her.

Reiko:"...What made you prove she was cheating?" She finally asked.

Arata:'Got her.' I said in my head.

This is my chance. If I feign ignorance and tell her that I just only saw Rei and Toru's messages, excluding her and mom, they'll probably stop being wary of me and continue our facade of being happy for Sachiko's sake.

Arata:"I...saw there messages....Toru...sent a pic and...captioned her to visit him." I answered with my hand covering my face.

Reiko:"Oh! Otouto, don't cry!" She said, to comfort me.

And then, as I began to make sobbing noises, she got closer to me and wrapped her arms around me. I couldn't help but felt a bit...angry at this. The only reason she approached me this time is to see if she was caught or not...but I need to drag it out.

Arata:"....Re-Reiko..." I stuttered her name.

Reiko:"Shhh...It's okay...Onee-chan is here." She said to comfort me.

Arata:"Hai...Reiko." I said her name instead of Onee-chan.

Reiko:"I...I'm here...for you..." She said with a hint of regret.

It's a bit too late for that, Onee-san. I hurt myself from cutting out Rei from any future happenings in my life. I'm not about to let that go to vain by sparing you and mother...Well, until Sachiko is old enough.

After a while, she finally let's go and looks at me with a regretful eyes.

Reiko:"I...hope you feel better." She said to me.

Arata:"...Hai." I merely answered as I turn around to go downstairs.

Reiko's pov:

After Arata finally left upstairs, I let out a huge huff of relief as I fall to the ground and sat there.

Reiko:"Arata...I'm sorry." I said in regret.

I...didn't think about what would happen to Arata if he found out. Now I do. Seeing that he would be this distraught just finding out his girlfriend was cheating on him finally made me realize it. God, just what would happened if he found out about us...

I asked him some subtle questions if he knows about my affair with Toru and thank god he doesn't. This gives me the opportunity to make it up to him. I need to start being a real big sister...before it's too late.

Reiko:"Right! Let's do this!" I said to myself.

With newly found goal to make things right. I stood up from my sitting position and recover on my feet as I took out my phone. I then looked up Toru's number.

Reiko:[Toru, we need to meet up.] I texted him.

And so, I plan to wait for his response and to my surprise, he immediately replied back.

Toru:[When? And which hotel?] He replied with questions.

Reiko:[No. No hotels! Just meet up. At the cafe near the college. This afternoon.] I replied.