•ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕋𝕎𝕆•

[A/N]: What can I say? I LOVE writing. And WoF.

I awoke to my phone blaring beneath my pillow. I groaned as I shoved my hand under it and retrieved the still ringing device. I quickly pressed my finger onto the snooze button and slid it back under my pillow.

It wasn't long before my phone started huming again. I sighed, exasperatedly, and slid my arm back under. This time, once I positioned the phone perfectly above my face, I hit the off button and weakly smiled.

The whole purpose of the alarm was to wake me up at the perfect timing; just in time for my training. But if it couldn't even wake up a mouse, how could I expect it to wake me up?

I just sat up listlessly, thinking about how I should start the day.

I smiled and threw myself off my bed, forgetting that I was still rapped in my blanket, so I fell on the floor face-first.

I picked myself back up and started toward the closet. As I burst open the wooden doors, I was bewildered of how many clothes I still had left to wear. Instead I chose one that I've already worn because why not.

It was a pale green blouse that puffed out at the rim of the aquamarine sweatpants I wore. It probably looked good the first time I wore it, but now it didn't really work. Buuut I didn't have any plans to go out to today either, so you win some you lose some.

I pulled on a soft yellow leather jacket and I was ready to go. I rushed outside, not even thinking of eating breakfast, and was instantaneously blasted with cool breeze.

I shivered as I made it over to the center of the backyard. It was covered in grass, but mostly flowers. If you looked at the tiny garden hard enough, then you could make out a rainbow from just looking at them.

All the plants there were from my magic. I was still working on it, but so far so good.

I stepped what seemed to be an inch closer to the garden and threw out my hands. I opened up my palms, and swiftly taking a deep breath, concentrated really hard.

Even though I truly knew I had my powers, every time I used them it felt so imaginary. Like waking up one day and all of sudden you parents are gone, as if they never existed in the first place.

I sighed at the memory.

All of a sudden, two flowers sprang from the ground and flew up, so that the aperture between me and the flowers matched. I gasped and waved my arms around, sending them flying. Although, as soon as my focuse shifted, the flowers fell, alarming me a little.

I managed to find one and place it safely back in it's place, but the other was nowhere to be found. Must've flown over the fence.

I smiled and ran my fingers through my hair, totally forgetting brush it this morning. I shrugged and went over to the door, stepping inside.

[Time Skip]

It was around noon and I was sitting on a stool beside the kitchen counter. I gripped strongly onto the book I held. It was  named 'Wings of Fire', and so far I was on book eight.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the front door, and jumped down as I went to go see who it was. I  quietly whistled a funky tune as I unlocked the door, revealing Coiny standing there, looking all dorky.

"Hi there, Coiny!" I beamed. "Why don't you come inside?"

Coiny kind-of shrugged inwardly as he said, "So you're fine with a person you barely even know coming into your house that you probably live alone in?"

I nodded enthusiastically. He just shrugged another time as he made his way in.

"Why don't you make yourself feel at home or whatever." I said, trying to lift his spirits a bit.

"Do you even have a family?" He asked, ignoring my polite gesture. "It seems like you're the only one here."

I tilt my head a bit. "What is 'family' that you speak of?" I answered with a question.

"You know, you parents and your sisters and your brothers and your cousins and your-" I put my finger to his mouth to signal that he should shut up.

"I don't know." I said, staring down at my feet. "Please reassure me."

Coiny shook his head and sat down at one of my couches positioned to be in front of the tv. I sighed and followed after him, sitting down on the carpet in front of him, leaning on the couch above. He shifted a bit because of this.

I closed my eyes peacefully and said, "Do you ever feel like you're being watched?" I knew was some sort of 'personal question', but I just really wanted to start up a conversation. "I always feel like that. Like as if someone is stalking me. But of course no one is. Right?"

Coiny started down at me with a confused expression. "Uh, sure, I guess." He said with a nervous thumbs up. Then he just slumped back onto the soft cushions of the couch and waited for me to say further. I didn't.

I kept my eyes closed. I slowly forgot he was there and started drifting to sleep, hooking onto his leg in the process. He stiffened, but I didn't notice- or even care.

[Time Skip]

"Leafy?" Coiny asked, startling me awake. "Why are you being so quiet?"

I rub my eye and turn so that I could get a better view of him. "Huh?" I muttered.

"What- were you sleeping?!" He asked as he took one look at my face and figured it out. The funnier thing was, I hadn't even realized it myself.

"Oh...maybe?" I muster up sluggishly. I turned back over and dropped my head back onto the bottom of the couch.

"Hey, Leafy?" Coiny said, as he put his hands atop my head and fiddled with my hair. "Can we talk more about your powers again?"

"Well, you know I don't necessarily like talking about my powers.." I said. It stung me to say the words 'powers' once again. And he knew it hurt me to talk about it too.

He stared off across the room, his hand flat on my head as if he were pushing it down. Then he looked back at me and said, "But please?"

I sighed at the nerve-wracking thought. I've heard from numerous of people stating that my powers would turn me against myself, but of course I never listen. I am an optimist- I think.

"Okay, I'll leave you alone." He finally mused.

I smiled inwardly and sat up, criss-cross-applesauce. This made Coiny levitate his hands above of my head for a moment, before promptly placing them back on.

His hands felt weird upon my head, but I didn't mind. I had other things to worry about, anyway.