"Yeah, yeah, calm down." Jisoo rolls her eyes and puts the bowl down, shifting a little to face Jennie properly. "But uhm... I know it was just one date and all, but like, I really kinda want to try it out with her? And I'm a bit nervous about... uhm, you know. Us two. Since we're technically dating? I don't want her to think I'm two-timing or something."

"Oh," Jennie mumbles. "Of course. I understand."

"So we need to fake-break-up. Look, it's not you, baby, it's me-"

"Shut the fuck up." Jennie laughs and throws a pillow at her, Jisoo catching it with a grin.

She fiddles with the pillow for a while before glancing at Jennie. "I just think... It's been months, Jen. Don't you think your friends should know by now that you're over this girl? I mean, you are, right?"

Jennie's face falls. "Y-Yeah. Of course."

Jisoo tenses at the crack in Jennie's voice, her eyebrows furrowing. "Jennie?"

The doorbell rings, both of them flinching a bit.

Jennie is glad for the distraction. She can't handle talking about Y/n right now, so she jumps up from the couch and rushes out of the room, opens the door, her gaze lifting from the ground, and freezes.

She just-

Completely stops.

Her fingers lock around the door handle almost painfully, for support, or to just ground herself, because she must be dreaming again, but it feel so real this time.

So painfully real, with how her heart stutters and starts racing in the next second.

Because Y/n is standing on the other side of the door.

Both of them just stare, completely still, frozen in place.

Jennie tries to swallow but there's a heavy lump in her throat.

Y/n is here.

She's right here.

After nearly six months.

She's in the city, not in the village, surrounded by nature, glowing under the summer sun.

She's wearing a hoodie instead, the cap pulled over her hair, hiding her eyes, the fabric green like the forest, her lips and cheeks red from the frosty air outside.

It's wrong. Y/n belongs in the sun.

It's like... taking a character out of a universe and putting them inside a completely different one, and Y/n does look out of place, uncertain, nervous whereas she was usually oozing confidence in the village.

Jennie takes a shaky breath, watches the older swallow heavily, the muscles in her jaw clenching before she finally looks up to meet Jennie's eyes.

They stare at each other, and Jennie doesn't even try to pretend it doesn't break her heart all over again when Y/n lifts her hand to push back the cap of her hoodie, finally revealing that face Jennie has missed so damn much.

Y/n's dark eyes flash with a dozen emotions as she looks at Jennie.

"You're here," Jennie utters, breaking the silence, and it hurts so much. How Y/n's eyebrows do a tick as soon as she hears Jennie's voice, how her breath audibly hitches.

"Yeah," Y/n replies after what seems like forever, and Jennie almost crumbles. God, she's missed that voice so much. So warm and deep. "I'm here."

Jennie nods, trying to appear calm, trying not to let the other see that she might just break down crying if she stepped any closer. "Did Taehyung tell you?"