Ch. 19 - CURRENTS

Start from the beginning

"We're here to protect you." Boyd said as Derek started walking down the stairs, "You're here to protect me? Well, I'm in trouble, then." He said. "Actually, Boyd has come up with a plan." Nabina said as she sat next to Isaac on the table and Boyd nodded, "Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up, tied up with electrical wires pushing currents through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that... but on a bigger scale." Boyd explained as he pulled out a bunch of electrical wires. 

"In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to fifty milliamps to kill a normal human." Boyd said as he turned on a hose in the loft, "Less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb." Boyd said and Derek glanced over at Isaac and Nabina. "That's... comforting..." Derek said and Nabina chuckled as she wrapped her arms around Isaac's arm. 

"If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current will keep coming, and anyone who steps foot in here? They'll get a pretty shocking surprise." Boyd said and Nabina smirked, "Especially someone who's barefoot." She said and Boyd nodded. 

A little while later Boyd flipped a switch, turning a light on before tossing the electric wire into the water covered floor. Immediately the water started cracking with electricity as they all stood on wood pallets above the water. "Is this gonna kill 'em?" Isaac asked as they watched the electrified water and Boyd shook his head slightly. 

"I hope so." He said and Nabina nodded in agreement, "As do I." 

⊚ 

Nabina and Isaac sat next to each other with Derek standing next to them and Boyd on a separate pallet not far away as the sun started going down. "Isn't that light supposed to be on?" Isaac asked, making them all look over at a control box, "Yeah..." Derek said. 

"What does it mean if it's not?" Isaac asked and Nabina signed, "Someone cut the auxiliary power." She said. "What about the main-" Boyd went to ask but all of the sudden all the lights went out making them shoot up. Nabina glanced down at the water before slowly stepping down. 

"Nabina!" Isaac said, going to grab her arm but stopped when they realized she was completely fine. Derek stepped down and walked over to the main room. "Derek... What do we do now?" Nabina asked and Derek looked up at the door with red eyes, "We fight." 

A few seconds later there was some banging and clanging coming from the door before it got pulled open as Boyd, Isaac and Nabina went to stand next to Derek. Kali slowly walked into the loft, her clawed hand on full display, "Gonna be honest, Derek... When Ennis died, I thought to myself, I'd just go for it- find you and kill you, wherever you stood." She said as she walked down the steps. 

"Then, I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them, and I thought, What's a girl gotta do to get you alone?" Kali said before glancing back as the twins dragged Miss. Blake through the doorway. "You and me, Derek... or they tear her apart. What do you say? You think you can beat me one-on-one?" Kali asked and Derek nodded at Boyd, Isaac and Nabina making them walk back over to the wooden pallets. 

"I'm gonna rip your throat out... With my teeth." Derek said before both him and Kali roared at each other and Derek leaped at her. Kali went to swipe at him but Derek ducked, before swiping at her. Kali dragged her foot through the water but Derek jumped over at it, swiping at her. She ducked and swiped her claws against his stomach making Miss. Blake scream. 

Kali jumped onto one of the beams and Derek ran over to her but she kicked him in the face making him stumble back. Kali leaped onto the table and growled at Derek as he stood up before running at her. He went to swipe at her legs but she just tried to step on his arms before kicking him back into the water. 

Derek quickly sat up, spinning around to growl at her as she jumped off the table before kicking him back again. Miss. Blake screamed and Isaac went to run forward but Derek noticed. "No!" He yelled and Nabina pulled Isaac back before looking at Boyd, "Wait." She said. 

Derek got up and swiped at Kali but she grabbed his arm before swiping at his stomach. He went to swipe at her again but she blocked both his arms as they both growled at each other. Kali pulled her arms back, kicking his side and he shoved her back into a pillar. 

She leaped up, during a backflip I'm the process, before kicking him to the ground again. Kali grabbed him, pulling him up by the back of his neck as Nabina's phone buzzed, making her pull it out to see a text from Stiles. "Now." She said as she glanced at Isaac and Boyd, Isaac nodded before quickly running towards the twins and Miss. Blake. 

The twins ran forward to stop him while Nabina and Boyd were about to run over to Derek. All of the sudden the water electrified making Boyd fall to the ground and Nabina fell to her knees while Isaac pulled Miss. Blake away. Kali and Derek both fall to the ground before the electricity suddenly started to go away. 

"Um." Nabina mumbled slightly as she watched bolts of electricity absorb into her arm and she felt a rush of power surge through her. "Right. Oorja Avashoshan. Energy Absorption." She whispered slightly and Kali noticed that everyone was distracted by Nabina. 

"Take him!" She yelled and the twins shot out, grabbing Boyd while she grabbed Derek. Ethan and Aiden held Derek's clawed hands up while Kali lifted a very weak Boyd up. "No! Wait!" Nabina yelled and a burst of energy suddenly shot out from her around her, making Kali and the twins fly back right as Kali dropped Boyd onto Derek's claws. 

Nabina's eyes widened as Boyd groaned in pain before the twins let Derek go, making Boyd fall to his knees. "I'm giving you until the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join the pack... or next time, I'm killing all of you." Kali said, holding her shoulder before her and the twins walked out of the loft. 

Nabima, Isaac and Miss. Blake watched as Derek tried to press his hands to Boyd's wounds. "It's okay..." Boyd said weakly and Derek shook his head, "No, no... No, it's not... It's not..." Derek said, breathing heavily. "It's all okay, Derek..." Boyd said and Derek looked at him and shook his head slightly, "I'm... I'm sorry." He said in a slight whisper. 

"The full moon... that feeling? That was worth it. There's a lunar eclipse. I always wondered what... what that felt like for one of us... for a Werewolf..." Boyd said weakly before falling to the ground. Nabina let out a shaky breath, blinking away tears before walking forward, gently grabbing Derek's shoulder as she kneeled down next to him. 

Stiles, Lydia and Cora ran into the loft and Cora's eyes widened before she quickly ran over to Boyd. Cora lifted his head up slightly as she started to cry before she leaned her head on his chest.